Resource Round-up: LGBT2SQ+ patient health
Pharmacists can help provide LGBT2SQ+ patients with accessible, gender-affirming and inclusive care in our communities. Here’s a round-up of some helpful resources to help you provide LGBT2SQ-inclusive care and create a safe pharmacy space.
- Smashing Stigma Resources — Safe space pharmacy poster, 10 actions for creative an inclusive pharmacy space and a guide to LGBT2SQ-friendly language. (CPhA)
- Providing LGBTQ-Inclusive Care and Services At Your Pharmacy — A resource guide for pharmacists and pharmacy staff on providing inclusive care. (HRC Foundation)
- Providing Inclusive Care and Services for the Transgender and Gender Diverse Community — A resource guide for pharmacists and pharmacy staff on how to be inclusive to transgender, non-binary and gender-diverse patients. (HRC Foundation/APhA)
- Providing LGBTQ+ Inclusive Care at Your Pharmacy — An accredited online course for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who want to broaden their knowledge in the area of LGBTQ+ patient care. (OPA)
- 5 Tips to Deliver LGBTQ+ Centered Care — A pocket guide for pharmacists. (Al-amin Ahamed, PharmaPride)
Resources for health-care providers
- Rainbow Health Ontario — Health resource Library and training courses for healthcare providers to increase their clinical and cultural competency in caring for their LGBT2SQ patients. (Rainbow Health Ontario)
- Gender Basics & Education — Support tools, online courses and other helpful links for learning about gender diversity and creating gender-affirming environments. (Trans Care BC)
- 2SLGBTQ Health: Continuing Education — Resource guide from Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Program. (University of Saskatchewan)
- Guidelines for gender-affirming primary care with trans and non-binary patients — Guidelines, quick reference guide for primary care providers and online interactive tool based on the Guidelines. (Sherbourne Health)
- Guidelines for the Primary and Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People — These guidelines to help equip primary care providers and health systems with the tools and knowledge to meet the health care needs of their transgender and gender nonconforming patients. (UCSF)
- Wabanaki Two Spirit Alliance — Two Sprit and LGBT2SQ+ Indigenous information and resources. (W2SA)
- LGBTQ2S Inclusion Playbook — A series of best practices for healthcare environments. (the 519)
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health — International standards of care guidelines. (WPATH)
- The minority stress perspective — A short article on the importance of inclusive and affirmative care. (APA)
- Sex[M]ed — Sexual health education platform for healthcare practitioners.
Our Resource Round-up series gathers available resources and practice tools on important health topics to help you in your practice. This is not an exhaustive list of available resources on LGBT2SQ+ patient health. Something missing? If you have information, tools or resources you think we should include, please let us know at email@example.com.
Last updated on May 30, 2022