- March 28, 2019
- As Canada's aging population strains health care system, Canadians eye pharmacists as potential solution
A new survey says Canadians regard the challenge of Canada’s aging population as a more serious issue than the rising cost of housing, climate change, income inequality or balancing the deficit, and they believe pharmacists should play a bigger role in sustaining a high-quality health care system.
- March 19, 2019
- CPhA welcomes federal budget commitments for further collaboration on key health issues
The Canadian Pharmacists Association welcomes many of the measures announced in the 2019 federal budget, including the important commitment to collaborate with health stakeholders, specifically on national pharmacare and a new national drug agency.
- February 28, 2019
- American and Canadian pharmacist associations warn that drug importation policies could put patients at risk
The American Pharmacists Association and Canadian Pharmacists Association have issued a joint statement opposing U.S. federal legislation authorizing personal and commercial importation of prescription drugs from Canada.
- February 25, 2019
- Glen Doucet appointed CEO of the Canadian Pharmacists Association
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Pharmacists Association is pleased to announce the appointment of Glen Doucet, Interim CEO and Vice-President Professional and Public Affairs, as the Association’s next permanent CEO, effective immediately.
- February 12, 2019
- Medical cannabis – New dosing practice tool
New practice tool to help pharmacists support patients on appropriate and individualized titration and administration of medical cannabis.
- January 29, 2019
- Bell Let's Talk: Join the conversation
Join the conversation on January 30, 2019 to help end the stigma surrounding mental illness and help raise money for mental health initiatives in Canada.
- January 9, 2019
- Pharmacists release principles to guide pay for performance pharmacy programs in Canada
Guiding principles outline pharmacy’s perspective on key elements that future pay for performance programs should follow.
- December 19, 2018
- Pharmacy leading charge in patient safety and error reporting
Canadian pharmacists are committed to providing safe and effective in each and every community they serve and to consistently improve the practice of pharmacy to reduce risks of potential medication errors.
- December 10, 2018
- One in four Canadians touched by drug shortage in last 3 years
One in four Canadians have either personally experienced or know someone who has experienced a drug shortage in the last 3 years, according to a new survey released by CPhA.
- December 5, 2018
- Pharmacist Survey: What questions are you being asked about cannabis?
Take our short, two-question survey to help us ensure you have the answers you need.
- More Results: