- October 22, 2016
- CPhA Statement on Patient Safety
The Canadian Pharmacists Association is deeply saddened by the circumstances that led to a tragic medication error in Ontario.
- October 19, 2016
- After F/P/T meeting CPhA encourages health ministers to focus on innovation, new care models
CPhA stresses that investing in innovation and innovative practices in the way health care is delivered is key to achieving better health outcomes, efficiencies and value for health care dollars.
- September 29, 2016
- Pharmacist prescribing of cholesterol-lowering drugs leads more patients to reach cholesterol goals: study
When pharmacists help patients reach cholesterol goals more than three times as many patients reach their target cholesterol and their cholesterol levels drop farther than for patients given only test results, a pamphlet, and usual care.
- September 15, 2016
- CPhA welcomes Health Canada's action plan on acetaminophen safety
CPhA applauds Health Canada’s action to improve acetaminophen safety, and its members are committed to collaborative efforts to support patients in managing the impact of these changes going forward.
- September 14, 2016
- Canadian pharmacists urge Task Force on Marijuana Legalization and Regulation to maintain distinct medical cannabis stream
In its submission to the Task Force on Marijuana Legalization and Regulation, CPhA is recommending that separate streams for medical and recreational marijuana be established once recreational marijuana becomes legal.
- August 11, 2016
- Pharmacists disappointed new medical marijuana regulations miss the mark on patient safety
CPhA expressed its disappointment that new medical marijuana regulations miss an important opportunity to improve patient access and safety through pharmacist management and dispensing of medical marijuana.
- July 27, 2016
- CPhA applauds announcement of opioid summit
CPhA applauds the announcement by Health Minister Jane Philpott to convene an opioid summit later this fall to develop an action plan on opioids, something that CPhA first called for in 2015.
- July 22, 2016
- CPhA encouraged by Premiers' call for First Ministers' meeting on health
CPhA is pleased that the Council of the Federation has had meaningful discussions on health care during this year’s summer meeting in Whitehorse.
- July 18, 2016
- CPhA stresses need for improved drug access and health care innovation as Canada's Premiers meet
CPhA will be in Whitehorse, YK, this week during the annual summer meeting of Canada’s Premiers to discuss important health care issues that have an impact on the lives of all Canadians.
- July 14, 2016
- Canadian Pharmacists Association Supports Choosing Wisely Canada
CPhA is pleased to announce its support of Choosing Wisely Canada (CWC) and will establish a pharmacy committee to contribute profession-specific tools to the overall Choosing Wisely Canada campaign.
- More Results: