- January 27, 2016
- CPhA Highlights Key Pharmacy Considerations Before Assisted Dying Committee
As the national voice of the profession, CPhA is committed to working with the government to ensure that pharmacists’ perspectives and concerns are addressed in the development and implementation of assisted dying legislation.
- January 21, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Ministers’ Commitments to Improve Drug Access
CPhA welcomes the move by provincial and territorial health ministers to form a working group to improve access to prescription drugs — an important step in the collaborative efforts between Canadian governments to ensure all Canadians have access to the medications and pharmacy services they need.
- January 19, 2016
- Preliminary Report Released Examines Pharmacare Models
As Ministers of Health from across the country prepare to gather for their pan-Canadian meeting, the Canadian Pharmacists Association has released the preliminary results of a study – one that delves deeper into the costs and other considerations associated with various pharmacare models, including universal pharmacare.
- January 18, 2016
- Pharmacists key to detecting chronic kidney disease in at-risk patients
Pharmacists who screened at-risk patients for chronic kidney disease found previously unrecognized disease in 1 of every 6.4 patients tested, according to a study published in the Canadian Pharmacists Journal.
- January 14, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Canada Move to Change Prescription Status of Naloxone
CPhA welcomes Health Canada's proposal to change the federal prescription status of naloxone, a medication that has the potential to significantly reduce the frequency of deaths that occur with opioid overdosage.
- December 16, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes Government Decision to Withdraw Refugee Health Coverage Appeal
Today’s announcement is an important step towards fully restoring the health coverage refugees receive under the Interim Federal Health Program.
- November 16, 2015
- CPhA Looks Forward to Working with Health Minister to Achieve Mandate
CPhA is pleased to see important and relevant issues to the pharmacy profession take prominence throughout the ministerial mandate letters and looks forward to working with the Health Minister to achieve her mandate.
- November 4, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes New Cabinet, Minister of Health
CPhA congratulates the newly appointed Cabinet and, in particular, Dr. Jane Philpott on her appointment as Minister of Health and looks forward to working closely with the government to improve the health of Canadians.
- October 22, 2015
- CPhA Looks Forward to Working with Liberal Government to Improve Health of Canadians
CPhA congratulates Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada and looks forward to working with the new government to address our health care challenges.
- September 30, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes Liberal Announcement on Drug Access and Health Care Innovation
CPhA welcomes today's commitment by the Liberals to improve prescription drug access and enhance the safety of prescription drugs.
- More Results: