- June 11, 2015
- Canadian Pharmacists Association Expresses Its Support for Bill C-692
CPhA expresses its support for a Private Members Bill introduced today that would increase prescription drug safety and formalize a National Prescription Drug Drop off Day in Canada.
- June 8, 2015
- Advancing the Health of Canadians Through Excellence in Pharmacist Care
The Canadian Pharmacists Association welcomes a new Chair and launches its new mission, vision and strategic plan.
- May 6, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes Government Investments to Address Prescription Drug Abuse
CPhA welcomes the launch of the Canadian Research Initiative in Substance Misuse and is committed to continuing its work with governments and other health care stakeholders to address and mitigate the prescription drug abuse problem in Canada.
- April 22, 2015
- CPhA Statement on the 2015 Federal Budget
CPhA welcomes the health care investments announced in the 2015 federal budget and looks forward to working with the government and other health care stakeholders towards increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our health care system.
- April 13, 2015
- CPhA Celebrates Life of Sylvia Bell, Ground-Breaking Leader of the Pharmacist Profession in Canada
The profession of pharmacy lost one of its pioneering women recently with the passing of Sylvia Bell in Halifax on March 31, 2015. Sylvia served as the first female president of the Canadian Pharmacists Association (1980-81) and was an inspiring and influential force in Canadian pharmacy.
- April 1, 2015
- PMPRB Report Confirms Need for a Refocus on Optimal Drug Therapy
A study released by the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board confirms what Canada’s front-line pharmacists have been witnessing for years - while governments are achieving their goal of reducing drug prices and increasing the utilization of lower cost generic drugs, these actions are not leading to an improvement in drug therapy quality or value for Canadians.
- March 16, 2015
- Pharmacists Play Key Role in Achieving Higher Immunization Rates in Canada
According to a recent national survey to mark Pharmacist Awareness Month, 88% of Canadians trust pharmacists to provide advice on vaccinations and 79% of Canadians said they would consider going to their pharmacist for a flu shot or other vaccines.
- March 9, 2015
- Canadians Trust Pharmacists to Deliver High-Quality Care and Services
In a national survey 85% of respondents believed that pharmacists have the education and professional training to do more for patients than fill prescriptions.
- March 2, 2015
- Canadians Support Increased Role for Pharmacists
Polling confirms Canadians support increased role for pharmacists in providing health care services.
- February 26, 2015
- Checking in with CPhA's Chair Jane Farnham
Interview with Pharmacy U.
- More Results: