- May 16, 2016
- CPhA Calls on Health Committee to Consider Immediate Steps to Address Drug Access Issues
CPhA today called on the Standing Committee on Health to consider both incremental and longer-term approaches to pan-Canadian pharmacare, including immediate steps to close the coverage gap.
- May 2, 2016
- CPhA Expresses Support for Bill C-14 before Justice Committee
CPhA appears before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights to both express its support for Bill C-14 and identify areas that require further work to fully address rights of conscience and access.
- April 28, 2016
- The Future is Here! Canadian Pharmacists Gather in Calgary for Largest Conference in Canada
More than 700 pharmacists and pharmacy stakeholders will be in Calgary, Alberta from June 24-27 to discuss the key issues facing pharmacy in Canada and discover the latest in pharmacy practice research.
- April 14, 2016
- CPhA Pleased that Role of Pharmacists Recognized in Assisted Dying Legislation
CPhA is pleased that the assisted dying legislation introduced today by the federal government appropriately recognizes the role of pharmacists and that specific protections and exemptions are in place.
- April 7, 2016
- CPhA Calls for Pharmacists' Role in the Management and Dispensing of Medical Marijuana
To enhance public and patient safety in the rapidly evolving medical marijuana environment, CPhA is recommending that pharmacists play a front-line role in patient management and dispensing of medical marijuana.
- April 5, 2016
- CPhA Disappointed by Health Canada Decision on Tamper-Resistant Regulations
CPhA is disappointed by Health Canada’s announcement to not move forward on regulations that would have required all controlled release oxycodone products to have tamper-resistant properties before they could be sold in Canada.
- March 22, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Investments to Improve Health of Canadians in Budget 2016
CPhA welcomes health care investments announced in the 2016 federal budget, particularly as they relate to e-prescribing and improving immunization coverage rates, and we look forward to working with the government on the implementation of these important initiatives.
- March 22, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Canada Decision to Revise Prescription Status of Naloxone
CPhA welcomes the decision by Health Canada to revise the federal prescription status of naloxone, a medication that has the potential to significantly reduce the frequency of deaths that occur with opioid overdosage.
- March 16, 2016
- Pharmacists doing more to support patients with dementia, their families and caregivers
As primary care professionals who see patients regularly, pharmacists can play an important role in the care of patients with various forms of dementia.
- March 9, 2016
- Canadians Embracing Expanded Role of Pharmacists
New national survey of Canadians shows deep trust in pharmacist profession and appreciation for positive impact on health outcomes.
- More Results: