COVID-19 Practice Resources
Developing and providing practice tools and resources to support pharmacists throughout COVID-19 has been a top priority for CPhA.
- Administration of COVID-19 Vaccine in Allergic or Immunosuppressed Patients: Evidence-based recommendations regarding the administration of COVID vaccines in patient populations who were excluded from initial clinical trials.
- Workplace COVID-19 Rapid Testing: Pharmacies in Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba can now register to distribute rapid tests to employers in their communities.
- COVID-19 Tests in Canada: Reference tool for pharmacists to understand and distinguish between approved COVID-19 testing methods and technologies.
- What Can Pharmacists Do Under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) During the COVID-19 Pandemic? CPhA developed a series of practice tools to support pharmacists in their role as opioid stewards, using real-life provincial examples to show how pharmacists can manage opioid-related prescriptions under current CDSA exemptions to better care for vulnerable patients.
- COVID-19 and vaccine hesitancy: CPhA has compiled a list of credible resources to help you address vaccine hesitancy with your patients.
- Vaccination FAQs: Answers to pharmacists’ most important questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Suggested Best Practices for Community Pharmacy: Providing Influenza Immunizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Working with its National Influenza Preparedness Working Group and informed by official guidance from the National Immunization Advisory Committee, CPhA has developed some suggested operational best practices to help community pharmacy plan for the upcoming influenza season.
- Supporting Pharmacists’ Mental Health and Wellness During COVID-19: This practice tool encourages pharmacists to be aware of their own mental health and well being during these challenging times, and provides practical tips and links to additional resources on where to get support.
Archived material: As the environment and information surrounding the pandemic has evolved, we have archived a number of our resources and tools developed over the past year.