COVID-19 Practice Resources
Information, practice tools and resources to support pharmacists throughout COVID-19.
- UPDATED Administration of COVID-19 Vaccine in Allergic or Immunosuppressed Patients: Evidence-based recommendations regarding the administration of COVID vaccines in patient populations who were excluded from initial clinical trials (March 2023)
- Workplace COVID-19 Rapid Testing
- COVID-19 Tests in Canada: Reference tool for pharmacists to understand and distinguish between approved COVID-19 testing methods and technologies.
- What Can Pharmacists Do Under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) During the COVID-19 Pandemic? CPhA developed a series of practice tools to support pharmacists in their role as opioid stewards, using real-life provincial examples to show how pharmacists can manage opioid-related prescriptions under current CDSA exemptions to better care for vulnerable patients.
- Resource Round-up: Childhood vaccination: Whether you’re administering vaccines in your pharmacy or helping parents and kids understand the benefits of getting vaccinated, there’s lots of information to wade through. Here is a round-up of some helpful resources.
- COVID-19 and vaccine hesitancy: CPhA has compiled a list of credible resources to help you address vaccine hesitancy with your patients.
- Vaccination FAQs: Answers to pharmacists’ most important questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Supporting Pharmacists’ Mental Health and Wellness During COVID-19: This practice tool encourages pharmacists to be aware of their own mental health and well being during these challenging times, and provides practical tips and links to additional resources on where to get support.
Canadian Immunization Guide (CIG) chapter
- COVID-19 vaccine
- June 21, 2022: Summary of updates in the Canadian Immunization Guide: Updated guidance on COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
Current vaccine statements
- October 27, 2023: Updated guidance on the use of COVID-19 vaccines in individuals who have not previously been vaccinated against COVID-19 (PDF)
- September 12, 2023: Addendum to the guidance on the use of COVID-19 vaccines in the fall of 2023
- July 11, 2023: Guidance on the use of COVID-19 vaccines in the fall of 2023
- June 9, 2023: Interim guidance on the use of bivalent Omicron-containing COVID-19 vaccines for primary series
Archived material: As the environment and information surrounding the pandemic has evolved, we have archived a number of our resources and tools developed over the past year.