Resource Round-up: Women's health
From treating health issues like uncomplicated UTIs to providing medical abortion services at the pharmacy, pharmacists can help provide women with faster, more convenient care in their communities.
These resources are tailored to the specific medication management needs of women and designed to help optimize patient care in your pharmacy.
General women’s health
- How to manage common period concerns – A practice tool
- How can you help your patients with an uncomplicated UTI? – A practice tool
- End the Stigma. Period – Help change the narrative around menstruation and end period stigma with this practice tool
- Preparing to provide hormonal contraception management: Practical Tips for Community Pharmacists – Video recording
- "Now what?!" A practice tool for pharmacist-driven options counselling for unintended pregnancy – Canadian Pharmacists Journal
- Pharmacist Counselling for Medical Abortion: Using the Pharmacist Checklist and Resource Guide – Watch the recording of the August 2020 webinar
- Pharmacist Checklist for Medication Abortion – A practice tool
- Pharmacist Resource Guide for Medical Abortion – A practice tool
CPS: Drug and therapeutic information
Our drug and therapeutic content covers a wide variety of conditions and issues in the area of women’s health to help you in your practice, including pregnancy, prenatal and postpartum care, osteoporosis, menopause, UTIs, birth control, STIs and much more.
A pharmacist’s story
Meet Caitlin McGrath, a pharmacist from Bonnyville, Alberta. Alberta’s expanded scope of practice has allowed Caitlin and her team to fill a care gap for women in her local community.
Our Resource Round-up series gathers our available resources and practice tools on important health topics to help you in your practice.
Last updated on April 20, 2023