- March 1, 2022
- Pharmacy Appreciation Month – Celebrating the pharmacy teams who have helped carry us through the pandemic
March is Pharmacy Appreciation Month in Canada, the annual national campaign that shines a spotlight on all things pharmacy and celebrates the extraordinary efforts and contributions of pharmacy professionals to Canada’s health-care system.
- February 17, 2022
- On diversity, inclusion, allyship and unlearning
Dr. Danielle Paes, Chief Pharmacist Officer at the Canadian Pharmacists Association
- January 20, 2022
- CPhA launches Pharmacy Workforce Wellness initiative to support mental health and sustainability of profession
The pharmacy profession is at a crisis point. The COVID-19 pandemic and the latest Omicron wave have stretched pharmacy teams to the limit. With high workloads and human resource shortages we are seeing pressures on our workforce like never before.
- January 18, 2022
- National Call to Action in Support of Pharmacy Professionals
Pharmacy professionals require more support from all levels of government to continue to serve their communities and keep themselves and their patients safe and healthy.
- November 10, 2021
- CPhA announces Danielle Paes as Chief Pharmacist Officer
CPhA is thrilled to welcome Dr. Danielle Paes to the role of Chief Pharmacist Officer—a new, full-time senior management position that will provide leadership and guidance on issues facing pharmacy and health care in Canada.
- November 10, 2021
- An open letter to the profession I love
By Dr. Danielle Paes, Chief Pharmacist Officer at the Canadian Pharmacists Association
- October 6, 2021
- Survey: Share your experiences with the CDSA exemptions
We want to hear from you! Have you been using the CDSA exemptions in your pharmacy practice?
- September 24, 2021
- What do Canadians think about their pharmacists anyway? Turns out, a lot.
We recently asked Canadians what they thought of their pharmacists ahead of World Pharmacists Day, and one thing is abundantly clear: patients see and appreciate the extraordinary efforts and dedication of the profession.
- September 22, 2021
- High demand for flu shots expected to continue this season: Survey
According to a new national survey commissioned by CPhA and conducted by Abacus Data, the increased demand for flu shots will continue this season as 56% of Canadians say they intend to get the flu shot.
- September 2, 2021
- CPhA statement on ivermectin
Several trusted health sources, including Health Canada and the World Health Organization, continue to warn against the use of ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19 given the lack of evidence to support efficacy and possible side effects.
- More Results: