CPhA’s webinars and virtual events provide pharmacists with practical tips for providing effective care to their patients, as well as updates on important pharmacy issues and current clinical and therapeutic information.
Climate Change and Pharmacy Practice
Date: December 6, 2023
Time: 5:00-6:00pm EST
Join CPhA and the Canadian Association of Pharmacy for the Environment (CAPhE) for a practical discussion about climate change and pharmacy practice. Speakers from CAPhE will guide you through the impact of climate change on health and health-care systems and how you can identify implementation and mitigation strategies in your pharmacy. Don’t miss this session about how pharmacists can play a pivotal role in addressing climate change challenges.
*NOTE: This webinar is intended for licensed health-care professionals only. You will be asked to confirm that you are a licensed health-care professional on the webinar registration page.
Caitlin Roy, BSP, Co-Chair Canadian Association of Pharmacy for the Environment (CAPhE)
Jamie Park, PharmD, Education Co-Lead Canadian Association of Pharmacy for the Environment (CAPhE)
Jessica Visentin, PharmD, Partnership Co-Lead Canadian Association of Pharmacy for the Environment (CAPhE)
By the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Explain the impact of climate change on health and healthcare
- Describe how the practice of pharmacy can contribute to climate change
Identify and apply mitigation strategies to community pharmacy practice
Identify and apply adaptation strategies to community pharmacy practice
- After a webinar event, all webinar registrants, whether they attend or not, will always receive an automatic email with a link to view the webinar recording. Further webinar resources may also be made available online. It's always better to register!
- Selected webinars will be accredited.
- Our webinar platform (Zoom Webinar) works optimally on a desktop or laptop computer, and participation via smartphone or tablet will not be tracked by the webinar system. If you must participate via smartphone or tablet, we encourage you to download the appropriate Zoom app for your device.