- January 18, 2016
- Pharmacists key to detecting chronic kidney disease in at-risk patients
Pharmacists who screened at-risk patients for chronic kidney disease found previously unrecognized disease in 1 of every 6.4 patients tested, according to a study published in the Canadian Pharmacists Journal.
- January 14, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Canada Move to Change Prescription Status of Naloxone
CPhA welcomes Health Canada's proposal to change the federal prescription status of naloxone, a medication that has the potential to significantly reduce the frequency of deaths that occur with opioid overdosage.
- December 16, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes Government Decision to Withdraw Refugee Health Coverage Appeal
Today’s announcement is an important step towards fully restoring the health coverage refugees receive under the Interim Federal Health Program.
- November 16, 2015
- CPhA Looks Forward to Working with Health Minister to Achieve Mandate
CPhA is pleased to see important and relevant issues to the pharmacy profession take prominence throughout the ministerial mandate letters and looks forward to working with the Health Minister to achieve her mandate.
- November 4, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes New Cabinet, Minister of Health
CPhA congratulates the newly appointed Cabinet and, in particular, Dr. Jane Philpott on her appointment as Minister of Health and looks forward to working closely with the government to improve the health of Canadians.
- October 22, 2015
- CPhA Looks Forward to Working with Liberal Government to Improve Health of Canadians
CPhA congratulates Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada and looks forward to working with the new government to address our health care challenges.
- September 30, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes Liberal Announcement on Drug Access and Health Care Innovation
CPhA welcomes today's commitment by the Liberals to improve prescription drug access and enhance the safety of prescription drugs.
- September 18, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes NDP Commitment to Improve Prescription Drug Access and Affordability for Canadians
CPhA welcomes today's announcement and is encourged that prescription drug access is being raised during this election campaign.
- September 14, 2015
- Canada’s Pharmacists Drive National Pharmacare Conversation
Canada’s pharmacists believe it’s time for a national discussion on pan-Canadian pharmacare that reflects the views and values of Canadians.
- August 25, 2015
- Open Letter to Federal Party Leaders: Health Matters!
The four largest pan-Canadian health organizations call upon all federal party leaders to make a public commitment that health and health care be a priority item in upcoming federal election leaders’ debates.
- More Results: