- February 15, 2018
- New practice resource: Medical cannabis evidence guide
The evidence guide provides pharmacists and other health care providers with a curated summary of the best available evidence of the use of medical cannabis and cannabinoids for a variety of indications.
- January 29, 2018
- Pharmacists call on governments to invest in community healthcare
New pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance agreement an opportunity to increase the accessibility of quality healthcare services for patients.
- January 24, 2018
- Canadian Pharmacists Association brings together pharmacy experts to develop new vision for pharmacist role across Canada
New working group tasked with defining and developing a forward-thinking, uniformed national scope of practice for the pharmacy profession.
- December 12, 2017
- CPhA Board of Directors announce new Interim CEO
The Board is pleased to announce that Glen Doucet, current CPhA Vice-President of Public and Professional Affairs, will assume the role of Interim CEO.
- December 8, 2017
- Canadian Pharmacists Association statement on federal response to opioid emergency
Pharmacists in every community across the country are gravely concerned about the increased rates of opioid-related deaths and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with all governments and stakeholders in identifying solutions that will help prevent misuse of opioids, provide greater access to harm reduction tools and services, and support use of addiction management therapies.
- December 6, 2017
- Canada's pharmacists call for full population drug coverage, enhanced care
It’s time for a pan-Canadian ‘PharmAccord’ that will deliver universal drug coverage for Canadians, ensure access to medications.
- November 22, 2017
- Pharmacists disappointed with proposed cannabis regulations, concerned with impact to medical cannabis patients
The federal government’s proposed regulatory approach to cannabis continues to miss the mark on several key issues, displaying an ongoing lack of concern for medical cannabis patients.
- November 21, 2017
- CPhA releases list of treatments pharmacists and patients should question as part of Choosing Wisely Canada campaign
Association aims to encourage clinician and patient conversations by identifying six treatments to question to improve patient safety and health outcomes.
- November 15, 2017
- CPhA launches medical cannabis resources to support pharmacists, enhance patient care
CPhA launched its first medical cannabis continuing education program to help pharmacists across Canada respond to the evolving health care needs of their patients.
- November 7, 2017
- CPhA welcomes Health Canada move to allow pharmacist dispensing of Mifegymiso, calls for universal coverage
Providing women with the option of pharmacist dispensing is an important step toward removing the unnecessary barriers women face and improving access across Canada.
- More Results: