- March 22, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Canada Decision to Revise Prescription Status of Naloxone
CPhA welcomes the decision by Health Canada to revise the federal prescription status of naloxone, a medication that has the potential to significantly reduce the frequency of deaths that occur with opioid overdosage.
- March 16, 2016
- Pharmacists doing more to support patients with dementia, their families and caregivers
As primary care professionals who see patients regularly, pharmacists can play an important role in the care of patients with various forms of dementia.
- March 9, 2016
- Canadians Embracing Expanded Role of Pharmacists
New national survey of Canadians shows deep trust in pharmacist profession and appreciation for positive impact on health outcomes.
- March 2, 2016
- Report Provides Comprehensive Examination of Major Pharmacare Models
According to a study commissioned by CPhA, governments could provide relief to the roughly 10% of Canadians who are not covered, or have inadequate coverage, through private or public drug plans by investing up to $2.15 billion a year in a pan-Canadian pharmacare solution
- February 26, 2016
- CPhA Celebrates Pharmacist Awareness Month, Expanding Role of Pharmacists
March is Pharmacist Awareness Month in Canada, a month long period to celebrate and educate Canadians about the contribution that pharmacists make in the delivery of health care.
- February 25, 2016
- CPhA Assisted Dying Policy Calls for Balance of Protection of Conscience and Access
CPhA today called on governments to ensure that any legislative and regulatory framework for assisted dying in Canada balances the freedom of conscience for pharmacists and a patient's right to access.
- February 18, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Government Decision to Restore Interim Federal Health Program
CPhA welcomes the announcement today to restore the Interim Federal Health Program to provide full health care coverage to all refugees and asylum claimants.
- February 18, 2016
- CPhA Presents Recommendations to Federal Finance Committee Pre-Budget Hearings
CPhA CEO Perry Eisenschmid appeared before the House of Commons Finance Committee pre-budget consultations to present CPhA recommendations for the 2016 federal budget.
- January 27, 2016
- CPhA Highlights Key Pharmacy Considerations Before Assisted Dying Committee
As the national voice of the profession, CPhA is committed to working with the government to ensure that pharmacists’ perspectives and concerns are addressed in the development and implementation of assisted dying legislation.
- January 21, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Ministers’ Commitments to Improve Drug Access
CPhA welcomes the move by provincial and territorial health ministers to form a working group to improve access to prescription drugs — an important step in the collaborative efforts between Canadian governments to ensure all Canadians have access to the medications and pharmacy services they need.
- More Results: