- February 26, 2016
- CPhA Celebrates Pharmacist Awareness Month, Expanding Role of Pharmacists
March is Pharmacist Awareness Month in Canada, a month long period to celebrate and educate Canadians about the contribution that pharmacists make in the delivery of health care.
- February 25, 2016
- CPhA Assisted Dying Policy Calls for Balance of Protection of Conscience and Access
CPhA today called on governments to ensure that any legislative and regulatory framework for assisted dying in Canada balances the freedom of conscience for pharmacists and a patient's right to access.
- February 18, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Government Decision to Restore Interim Federal Health Program
CPhA welcomes the announcement today to restore the Interim Federal Health Program to provide full health care coverage to all refugees and asylum claimants.
- February 18, 2016
- CPhA Presents Recommendations to Federal Finance Committee Pre-Budget Hearings
CPhA CEO Perry Eisenschmid appeared before the House of Commons Finance Committee pre-budget consultations to present CPhA recommendations for the 2016 federal budget.
- January 27, 2016
- CPhA Highlights Key Pharmacy Considerations Before Assisted Dying Committee
As the national voice of the profession, CPhA is committed to working with the government to ensure that pharmacists’ perspectives and concerns are addressed in the development and implementation of assisted dying legislation.
- January 21, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Ministers’ Commitments to Improve Drug Access
CPhA welcomes the move by provincial and territorial health ministers to form a working group to improve access to prescription drugs — an important step in the collaborative efforts between Canadian governments to ensure all Canadians have access to the medications and pharmacy services they need.
- January 19, 2016
- Preliminary Report Released Examines Pharmacare Models
As Ministers of Health from across the country prepare to gather for their pan-Canadian meeting, the Canadian Pharmacists Association has released the preliminary results of a study – one that delves deeper into the costs and other considerations associated with various pharmacare models, including universal pharmacare.
- January 18, 2016
- Pharmacists key to detecting chronic kidney disease in at-risk patients
Pharmacists who screened at-risk patients for chronic kidney disease found previously unrecognized disease in 1 of every 6.4 patients tested, according to a study published in the Canadian Pharmacists Journal.
- January 14, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Canada Move to Change Prescription Status of Naloxone
CPhA welcomes Health Canada's proposal to change the federal prescription status of naloxone, a medication that has the potential to significantly reduce the frequency of deaths that occur with opioid overdosage.
- December 16, 2015
- CPhA Welcomes Government Decision to Withdraw Refugee Health Coverage Appeal
Today’s announcement is an important step towards fully restoring the health coverage refugees receive under the Interim Federal Health Program.
- More Results: