Women's Reproductive Health
Pharmacists play a critical role in medication management related to contraception, medical abortion and many other areas of women’s reproductive health.
- Mifegymiso: Access and Coverage in Canada
- Webinar Recording: The Pharmacist’s Evolving Role in Medical Abortion: Optimizing Patient Care (March 2018; CPhA members only; log-in required)
- Webinar Recording: Myths and Facts about Reproductive Health (November 2016; CPhA members only; log-in required)
- Medical Abortion Training (Accredited for 3.0 CEUs, available through the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada)
- Pharmacy 5in5 Medical Abortion Module (accessible to pharmacists; log-in required)
- Assessing and Prescribing for Minor Ailments: Women’s Health (Accredited for 3.75 CEUs)
- Canadian Abortion Providers Support - Canada's online community for health professionals providing Mifepristone.
- Exchange tips, resources, and best practices
- Gain feedback from experts
- Locate pharmacies in your region
Relevant articles in the Canadian Pharmacists Journal
- Cannabis in pregnancy and breastfeeding: The pharmacist's role January 2020 (login required)
- Medical abortion: A practice tool for pharmacists April 2019 (login required)
- Outcomes of Urinary Tract Infaction Management by Pharmacists (RxOUTMAP): A study of pharmacist prescribingfand care in patients with uncomplicated urinary tract infections in the community June 2018 (open access)