- February 13, 2020
- National pharmacist survey on opioid prescribing and dispensing practices
CPhA is conducting a national survey of practising pharmacists on opioid prescribing and dispensing practices.
- December 2, 2019
- Open Letter to Canada's Premiers
The Canadian Pharmacists Association sends open letter to Canada's Premiers ahead of December meeting.
- October 7, 2019
- Federal parties remain silent as drug shortages grow. More than 129 new shortages since election called
Halfway through the election campaign and no federal parties have addressed the growing issue of drug shortages.
- September 17, 2019
- Canadian pharmacists launch 2019 election platform, call for action to address growing number of drug shortages
CPhA releases its 2019 Election Platform, calling on all federal parties to demonstrate their commitment to addressing a range of barriers Canadian patients continue to face when it comes to accessing medications and health care services.
- July 31, 2019
- Canadian Pharmacists Association renews call for federal government to protect drug supply in light of U.S. drug importation developments
In light of HHS Secretary Azar’s introduction of the Safe Importation Action Plan today, it’s now clear that there is support from the U.S. federal administration, which brings us one step closer to permitting the importation of Canadian drugs into the United States.
- July 26, 2019
- Drug shortages have 'greatly increased' over the past 3-5 years say Canadian pharmacists
Pharmacists spending more and more of their time helping to mitigate the impact on their patients.
- July 4, 2019
- 1 in 4 medical cannabis users say it's now harder to access cannabis since recreational legalization
According to a recent survey jointly commissioned by Canadians for Fair Access to Medical Marijuana, the Arthritis Society and the Canadian Pharmacists Association, access issues are just one of the unintended consequences of recreational cannabis legalization affecting medical cannabis patients.
- June 12, 2019
- CPhA calls on governments to make timely and practical decisions to improve drug coverage for Canadians
In response to the report of the Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare, CPhA calls upon the federal government to work toward the implementation of timely and practical solutions that enhance coverage and expand access.
- May 29, 2019
- Saskatchewan pharmacist who specializes in HIV treatment and prevention named Canadian Pharmacist of the Year
A Regina pharmacist who specializes in HIV treatment and prevention and who also operates the only pharmacist-led pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) clinic in Canada has been named the 2019 Canadian Pharmacist of the Year by the Canadian Pharmacists Association.
- March 28, 2019
- As Canada's aging population strains health care system, Canadians eye pharmacists as potential solution
A new survey says Canadians regard the challenge of Canada’s aging population as a more serious issue than the rising cost of housing, climate change, income inequality or balancing the deficit, and they believe pharmacists should play a bigger role in sustaining a high-quality health care system.
- More Results: