- June 18, 2018
- Canadian Pharmacists Association Welcomes New Chair
Saskatoon pharmacist Christine Hrudka has been named the new Chair of the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) for 2018-2019.
- May 31, 2018
- Manitoba pharmacist named Canadian Pharmacist of the Year
Lengim Chen Ingram’s unique practice in diabetes management has improved the lives of thousands of Manitobans.
- May 24, 2018
- Pharmacists urge Senate to include more support for patients as they consider Bill C-45 to legalize cannabis
Pharmacists are asking the Senate to include more support for patients who use medical cannabis by ensuring that there is a clear differentiation between the recreational and medical cannabis streams.
- May 3, 2018
- Canadian Pharmacists Association partners with Pharmapod, invests in medication error reporting platform
Investment a commitment to improve patient safety through better medication error reporting.
- May 3, 2018
- New mandatory opioid warning stickers not sufficient to address prescription opioid misuse
Government of Canada announces regulations requiring new warning stickers and labels on all opioid prescriptions at all pharmacies in Canada.
- April 18, 2018
- CPhA welcomes Health Committee's contribution to pharmacare conversation
CPhA looks forward to future discussions to achieve shared goal of ensuring every Canadian has appropriate drug coverage.
- March 28, 2018
- Canadians recognize value of pharmacists; want more publicly funded health care services delivered at pharmacy
Survey shows continued high-level of trust in profession and the value pharmacists provide.
- March 27, 2018
- CPhA welcomes new measures to reduce barriers to opioid substitution treatment
CPhA is pleased with the announcement from the Federal Minister of Health, Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, that Health Canada will ease access to opioid substitution treatments methadone and diacetylmorphine.
- February 28, 2018
- CPhA encourages Canadians to "Think Pharmacists" this March during Pharmacist Awareness Month
March is Pharmacist Awareness Month in Canada, a month long period to celebrate the contributions that pharmacists make to our health care system.
- February 27, 2018
- Pharmacists support government commitment to improve drug coverage for Canadians
CPhA is pleased that the 2018 federal budget commits to looking at pharmacare options through the establishment of an Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare.
- More Results: