- April 18, 2018
- CPhA welcomes Health Committee's contribution to pharmacare conversation
CPhA looks forward to future discussions to achieve shared goal of ensuring every Canadian has appropriate drug coverage.
- March 28, 2018
- Canadians recognize value of pharmacists; want more publicly funded health care services delivered at pharmacy
Survey shows continued high-level of trust in profession and the value pharmacists provide.
- March 27, 2018
- CPhA welcomes new measures to reduce barriers to opioid substitution treatment
CPhA is pleased with the announcement from the Federal Minister of Health, Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, that Health Canada will ease access to opioid substitution treatments methadone and diacetylmorphine.
- February 28, 2018
- CPhA encourages Canadians to "Think Pharmacists" this March during Pharmacist Awareness Month
March is Pharmacist Awareness Month in Canada, a month long period to celebrate the contributions that pharmacists make to our health care system.
- February 27, 2018
- Pharmacists support government commitment to improve drug coverage for Canadians
CPhA is pleased that the 2018 federal budget commits to looking at pharmacare options through the establishment of an Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare.
- February 15, 2018
- New practice resource: Medical cannabis evidence guide
The evidence guide provides pharmacists and other health care providers with a curated summary of the best available evidence of the use of medical cannabis and cannabinoids for a variety of indications.
- January 29, 2018
- Pharmacists call on governments to invest in community healthcare
New pan-Canadian Pharmaceutical Alliance agreement an opportunity to increase the accessibility of quality healthcare services for patients.
- January 24, 2018
- Canadian Pharmacists Association brings together pharmacy experts to develop new vision for pharmacist role across Canada
New working group tasked with defining and developing a forward-thinking, uniformed national scope of practice for the pharmacy profession.
- December 12, 2017
- CPhA Board of Directors announce new Interim CEO
The Board is pleased to announce that Glen Doucet, current CPhA Vice-President of Public and Professional Affairs, will assume the role of Interim CEO.
- December 8, 2017
- Canadian Pharmacists Association statement on federal response to opioid emergency
Pharmacists in every community across the country are gravely concerned about the increased rates of opioid-related deaths and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with all governments and stakeholders in identifying solutions that will help prevent misuse of opioids, provide greater access to harm reduction tools and services, and support use of addiction management therapies.
- More Results: