- July 31, 2019
- Canadian Pharmacists Association renews call for federal government to protect drug supply in light of U.S. drug importation developments
In light of HHS Secretary Azar’s introduction of the Safe Importation Action Plan today, it’s now clear that there is support from the U.S. federal administration, which brings us one step closer to permitting the importation of Canadian drugs into the United States.
- July 26, 2019
- Drug shortages have 'greatly increased' over the past 3-5 years say Canadian pharmacists
Pharmacists spending more and more of their time helping to mitigate the impact on their patients.
- July 4, 2019
- 1 in 4 medical cannabis users say it's now harder to access cannabis since recreational legalization
According to a recent survey jointly commissioned by Canadians for Fair Access to Medical Marijuana, the Arthritis Society and the Canadian Pharmacists Association, access issues are just one of the unintended consequences of recreational cannabis legalization affecting medical cannabis patients.
- June 12, 2019
- CPhA calls on governments to make timely and practical decisions to improve drug coverage for Canadians
In response to the report of the Advisory Council on the Implementation of National Pharmacare, CPhA calls upon the federal government to work toward the implementation of timely and practical solutions that enhance coverage and expand access.
- May 29, 2019
- Saskatchewan pharmacist who specializes in HIV treatment and prevention named Canadian Pharmacist of the Year
A Regina pharmacist who specializes in HIV treatment and prevention and who also operates the only pharmacist-led pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) clinic in Canada has been named the 2019 Canadian Pharmacist of the Year by the Canadian Pharmacists Association.
- March 28, 2019
- As Canada's aging population strains health care system, Canadians eye pharmacists as potential solution
A new survey says Canadians regard the challenge of Canada’s aging population as a more serious issue than the rising cost of housing, climate change, income inequality or balancing the deficit, and they believe pharmacists should play a bigger role in sustaining a high-quality health care system.
- March 19, 2019
- CPhA welcomes federal budget commitments for further collaboration on key health issues
The Canadian Pharmacists Association welcomes many of the measures announced in the 2019 federal budget, including the important commitment to collaborate with health stakeholders, specifically on national pharmacare and a new national drug agency.
- February 28, 2019
- American and Canadian pharmacist associations warn that drug importation policies could put patients at risk
The American Pharmacists Association and Canadian Pharmacists Association have issued a joint statement opposing U.S. federal legislation authorizing personal and commercial importation of prescription drugs from Canada.
- February 25, 2019
- Glen Doucet appointed CEO of the Canadian Pharmacists Association
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Pharmacists Association is pleased to announce the appointment of Glen Doucet, Interim CEO and Vice-President Professional and Public Affairs, as the Association’s next permanent CEO, effective immediately.
- February 12, 2019
- Medical cannabis – New dosing practice tool
New practice tool to help pharmacists support patients on appropriate and individualized titration and administration of medical cannabis.
- More Results: