- March 17, 2020
- Stepping up...like never before
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka on the vital and difficult role pharmacists are playing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- March 6, 2020
- More than one million Canadian women continue to face barriers accessing birth control and other health care services
Strong support across the country for pharmacists to help improve access.
- March 4, 2020
- Canadian Pharmacists Association warns against stockpiling medication in response to COVID-19
Pharmacists are the most accessible health care providers and have a critical role to play in identifying, reporting, and managing potential cases of COVID-19.
- February 13, 2020
- National pharmacist survey on opioid prescribing and dispensing practices
CPhA is conducting a national survey of practising pharmacists on opioid prescribing and dispensing practices.
- December 2, 2019
- Open Letter to Canada's Premiers
The Canadian Pharmacists Association sends open letter to Canada's Premiers ahead of December meeting.
- October 7, 2019
- Federal parties remain silent as drug shortages grow. More than 129 new shortages since election called
Halfway through the election campaign and no federal parties have addressed the growing issue of drug shortages.
- September 17, 2019
- Canadian pharmacists launch 2019 election platform, call for action to address growing number of drug shortages
CPhA releases its 2019 Election Platform, calling on all federal parties to demonstrate their commitment to addressing a range of barriers Canadian patients continue to face when it comes to accessing medications and health care services.
- July 31, 2019
- Canadian Pharmacists Association renews call for federal government to protect drug supply in light of U.S. drug importation developments
In light of HHS Secretary Azar’s introduction of the Safe Importation Action Plan today, it’s now clear that there is support from the U.S. federal administration, which brings us one step closer to permitting the importation of Canadian drugs into the United States.
- July 26, 2019
- Drug shortages have 'greatly increased' over the past 3-5 years say Canadian pharmacists
Pharmacists spending more and more of their time helping to mitigate the impact on their patients.
- July 4, 2019
- 1 in 4 medical cannabis users say it's now harder to access cannabis since recreational legalization
According to a recent survey jointly commissioned by Canadians for Fair Access to Medical Marijuana, the Arthritis Society and the Canadian Pharmacists Association, access issues are just one of the unintended consequences of recreational cannabis legalization affecting medical cannabis patients.
- More Results: