- December 8, 2017
- Canadian Pharmacists Association statement on federal response to opioid emergency
Pharmacists in every community across the country are gravely concerned about the increased rates of opioid-related deaths and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with all governments and stakeholders in identifying solutions that will help prevent misuse of opioids, provide greater access to harm reduction tools and services, and support use of addiction management therapies.
- December 6, 2017
- Canada's pharmacists call for full population drug coverage, enhanced care
It’s time for a pan-Canadian ‘PharmAccord’ that will deliver universal drug coverage for Canadians, ensure access to medications.
- November 22, 2017
- Pharmacists disappointed with proposed cannabis regulations, concerned with impact to medical cannabis patients
The federal government’s proposed regulatory approach to cannabis continues to miss the mark on several key issues, displaying an ongoing lack of concern for medical cannabis patients.
- November 21, 2017
- CPhA releases list of treatments pharmacists and patients should question as part of Choosing Wisely Canada campaign
Association aims to encourage clinician and patient conversations by identifying six treatments to question to improve patient safety and health outcomes.
- November 15, 2017
- CPhA launches medical cannabis resources to support pharmacists, enhance patient care
CPhA launched its first medical cannabis continuing education program to help pharmacists across Canada respond to the evolving health care needs of their patients.
- November 7, 2017
- CPhA welcomes Health Canada move to allow pharmacist dispensing of Mifegymiso, calls for universal coverage
Providing women with the option of pharmacist dispensing is an important step toward removing the unnecessary barriers women face and improving access across Canada.
- November 7, 2017
- CPhA saddened to hear of passing of Murray Koffler
Murray Koffler was a true visionary and in many ways an architect of how pharmacy is practiced today in Canada. The Canadian pharmacy profession has lost a true icon and we send our condolences to his family and friends.
- October 26, 2017
- Canadian Pharmacists Association and Pharmapod Canada partner to provide medication incident reporting solution in Ontario
CPhA and Pharmapod Canada have been chosen by the Ontario College of Pharmacists to implement a medication incident reporting platform in Ontario which will improve patient safety, reduce errors and help identify root causes of medication incidents.
- October 19, 2017
- Advocates demand universal access to abortion pill at health ministers meeting
Representatives from Action Canada, the Canadian Nurses Association, the Canadian Health Coalition, the Canadian Pharmacists Association and the Kensington Clinic are together today during the 2017 Health Ministers’ Summit to jointly demand the governments of Canada and every province and territory cover the cost of medical abortions.
- October 4, 2017
- National pharmacy leader joins CPhA as Senior Pharmacist Advisor
Passionate advocate for the profession joins CPhA to build awareness and support among key stakeholders of pharmacists’ value and essential role
- More Results: