- June 9, 2020
- CPhA encourages all Canadians to wear a non-medical mask/facial covering when visiting a pharmacy
In accordance with the latest information provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), CPhA encourages all Canadians to wear a non-medical mask/facial covering when entering a pharmacy, regardless of symptoms, especially when it is not possible to maintain a 2-metre physical distance from others.
- June 1, 2020
- Smashing stigma: Practice tools and more to help your LGBT2SQ patients
Resources to help you support your patients, from posters to practice tools.
- May 27, 2020
- Pharmacists continue to have difficulty sourcing certain medications amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
Community pharmacists across Canada continue to be faced with drug supply challenges two months after the COVID-19 pandemic began, and they remain very concerned about their ability to access the medications their patients need.
- May 26, 2020
- Stepping Up: Preparing Canada for flu season during COVID-19
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka discusses the need to ensure pharmacists have the support, resources and protection they will require this fall to safely deliver flu shots to Canadians.
- May 20, 2020
- University of Waterloo professor named Canadian Pharmacist of the Year
COVID-19 pandemic highlights Dr. Kelly Grindrod’s innovative approach to pharmacist education.
- May 1, 2020
- Stepping Up: How are YOU doing?
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka discusses the importance of mental health and well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 28, 2020
- CPhA receives contribution for 200,000 surgical masks to be distributed to community pharmacies
Through a financial contribution from Innovative Medicines Canada, CPhA has secured and is distributing more than 200,000 surgical masks to community pharmacies across the country to support pharmacists and their teams who are continuing to deliver care to patients amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 17, 2020
- Pharmacists see spikes in drug shortages during pandemic
COVID-19 is and continues to be a threat to Canada’s drug supply say Canada’s pharmacists, and they are concerned about dramatic increases and volatility in the number of reported drug shortages.
- April 16, 2020
- Stepping Up: The 30-day limit, drug shortages and doing what it takes to protect the drug supply
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka discusses the 30-day limit and the need to ensure the long-term medication needs of Canadians.
- April 1, 2020
- Stepping up...#ProtectTheFrontline
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka provides an update on the tools, resources and advocacy efforts to support and protect pharmacists during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- More Results: