- May 26, 2020
- Stepping Up: Preparing Canada for flu season during COVID-19
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka discusses the need to ensure pharmacists have the support, resources and protection they will require this fall to safely deliver flu shots to Canadians.
- May 20, 2020
- University of Waterloo professor named Canadian Pharmacist of the Year
COVID-19 pandemic highlights Dr. Kelly Grindrod’s innovative approach to pharmacist education.
- May 1, 2020
- Stepping Up: How are YOU doing?
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka discusses the importance of mental health and well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 28, 2020
- CPhA receives contribution for 200,000 surgical masks to be distributed to community pharmacies
Through a financial contribution from Innovative Medicines Canada, CPhA has secured and is distributing more than 200,000 surgical masks to community pharmacies across the country to support pharmacists and their teams who are continuing to deliver care to patients amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 17, 2020
- Pharmacists see spikes in drug shortages during pandemic
COVID-19 is and continues to be a threat to Canada’s drug supply say Canada’s pharmacists, and they are concerned about dramatic increases and volatility in the number of reported drug shortages.
- April 16, 2020
- Stepping Up: The 30-day limit, drug shortages and doing what it takes to protect the drug supply
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka discusses the 30-day limit and the need to ensure the long-term medication needs of Canadians.
- April 1, 2020
- Stepping up...#ProtectTheFrontline
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka provides an update on the tools, resources and advocacy efforts to support and protect pharmacists during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- March 25, 2020
- Supporting and recognizing pharmacists as essential health care providers during COVID-19
We urge the federal government to work immediately with provincial and territorial governments to provide pharmacists and all essential health care providers with the supports they need to continue to serve our communities.
- March 23, 2020
- Statement on 30-day supply of prescription medications
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become necessary for pharmacies to carefully manage their medication inventories to protect against the real risk of shortages during this critical period.
- March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and the responsible allocation of medications to patients
To ensure that Canada’s medication supply is managed responsibly, we are recommending a 30-day supply of medications for patients, unless clinically justified.
- More Results: