Pharmacy Appreciation Month (PAM)
PAM 2023: That’s a wrap!
Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate Pharmacy Appreciation Month (PAM) in March! We saw great participation from the pharmacy community, governments, patients, students and our colleagues across the health-care sector sharing their love for pharmacy. In case you missed it, here are some highlights:
- Giving kudos to Canada’s pharmacy teams – All month long, CPhA shined a light on many amazing pharmacy professionals, featuring dozens of pharmacy teams from across the country during PAM.
- Discover the power of pharmacy – We asked members of the pharmacy community to share what the power of pharmacy is to them. Check out the video messages we collected.
- #MyFavePharmContest – We asked patients to tell us why they love their pharmacy team by nominating them for a chance to win a tablet for themselves and their favourite pharmacy team member. This year’s winner is Beth Singer from Bathurst New Brunswick, who nominated her pharmacist, Andreas Pohle. We heard so many touching stories from hundreds of patients across Canada. Keep an eye out as we share more #MyFavePharm submissions over the next weeks and months.
- Thank You Pharmacy – Governments across Canada joined the PAM2023 celebrations to recognize and thank pharmacy professionals, including Jean-Yves Duclos, Canada’s minister of health, and Carolyn Bennett, the minister of mental health and addictions, who issued a Pharmacy Appreciation Month message.
- The Future of Pharmacy – Dr. Danielle Paes, chief pharmacist officer at CPhA, spoke with Mediaplanet in a Future of Pharmacy supplement, published online and in the March 4 print edition of the Toronto Star, about how the role of pharmacy is growing to meet our health-care needs.
Let’s continue to recognize and thank our pharmacy professionals all year long for the essential role they play in our health care system!
View the PAM2023 resources. Resources will be updated to help you celebrate next year’s PAM in early 2024.