Pharmacist Awareness Month (PAM)
Each March Pharmacist Awareness Month (PAM) celebrates the contributions that pharmacists make to our health care system and helps educate Canadians about the health care services and advice their pharmacists are now delivering. CPhA is celebrating PAM 2018 with the theme: Think Pharmacists.
Pharmacists across Canada have had a widely expanded scope of practice over the past decade that has them doing more for their patients than ever before. We want to celebrate the great strides the profession has made, highlight the health care services now offered at the pharmacy, and encourage Canadians to Think Pharmacists this March.
Promote your role to your patients
Pharmacists are medication experts and so much more. Help us make sure your patients know what you can do for them! By working together throughout March, we can inform Canadians about the growing role of pharmacists in our health care system and all the different services pharmacists can now provide.
Tools and resources
CPhA has developed a wide variety of resources to help you promote Pharmacist Awareness Month to your patients and the public.
Take time now to prepare for Pharmacist Awareness Month. Here are some ideas to help you get involved:
- Make Pharmacist Awareness Month posters and patient handouts available at your pharmacy counter and waiting area.
- Join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #PAM2018. Check out our sample messages and graphics to get your started.
- Become more familiar with expanded scope of practice in your province and incorporate new services into your daily practice.
- Talk to patients to let them know about the support you provide. Host a community information session to describe the services available at your pharmacy.
- Take one of CPhA’s high-quality continuing professional development programs to help you deliver expanded services to your patients.
- Sign up for one of CPhA’s pharmacy practice webinars or check out our webinar archives for some great learning opportunities.
- Take CPhA's QUIT Smoking Cessation Program and offer smoking cessation services in your pharmacy.
- Contact your provincial pharmacy organizations or follow them on social media to gain inspiration from what others in your area are doing to promote PAM.
- Follow CPhA on Facebook and Twitter to find out what pharmacists are doing across the country to educate the public and promote the profession.
Share your story
Share your PAM stories, events and activities with us by email or on social media using the hashtag #PAM2018. We look forward to sharing your posts and tweets throughout the month of March to inspire other pharmacists to get involved.