Pharmacists play a vital public health role, administering more than half of all flu shots delivered across Canada each year.
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is working closely with governments, stakeholders and our provincial association partners to help pharmacists prepare for the 2023/2024 influenza season.
Flu season 2023/24: What Canadians are saying
54% of Canadians plan on getting the flu shot this year, up 4% from last year.
More than half of Canadians report moderate to very high levels of vaccine fatigue.
Pharmacies continue to be the top choice for vaccination this flu season.
Explore more results from CPhA's annual national vaccination survey.
Information and resources
- Statement on seasonal influenza vaccine for 2023-2024 (NACI)
- Influenza vaccines: Canadian Immunization Guide (PHAC)
- Optimising vaccination through coadministration of influenza and COVID-19 vaccines: Guidance for pharmacists (FIP)
- Answers to common questions about the flu: Use this resource to help you answer your patients’ questions about the flu shot.
- Immunize Canada — Influenza Immunization Awareness Campaign: Visit Immunize Canada’s website for a range of awareness resources to promote flu immunization, including posters, social media graphics, infographics and more.