Updated December 4, 2020
CPhA is working closely with governments, stakeholders and our provincial association partners to help pharmacists prepare for the 2020/2021 influenza season. This site will be updated regularly to provide you with tools and resources to help you safely and effectively provide influenza immunizations to your patients this flu season.
- UPDATED: Practice resource: Suggested Best Practices for Community Pharmacy: Providing Influenza Immunizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- News Release: Pharmacists say flu shot more important than ever, be prepared for different experience at the pharmacy this year
- Webinar recording: Preparing for Flu Season: Suggested Best Practices for Community Pharmacy
- Patient information: What to expect at the pharmacy this year
- NEW Suggested Best Practices for Community Pharmacy: Providing Influenza Immunizations During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Working with its National Influenza Preparedness Working Group and informed by official guidance from the National Immunization Advisory Committee, CPhA has developed some suggested operational best practices to help community pharmacy plan for the upcoming influenza season. (September 10, 2020)
- NEW Webinar recording – Preparing for Flu Season: Suggested Best Practices for Community Pharmacy: In this accredited webinar session, host Shelita Dattani and a panel of pharmacists from across the country discuss some key challenges and practical solutions and walk through a series of case scenarios presenting different delivery options.
Social Media Graphics
Flu shot tips – What to except at the pharmacy
Survey: Is Canada ready for flu season?
Infographic: Is Canada ready? Flu season & COVID-19
- Immunize Canada — Influenza an Pneumococcal Immunization Awareness Campaign: Visit Immunize Canada’s website for a range of awareness resources to promote flu immunization this fall, including posters, social media graphics, infographics and more.
- Pharmacists say flu shot more important than ever, be prepared for different experience at the pharmacy this year: As flu shots begin to arrive at pharmacies across Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association wants patients to know that the experience will look a little different at the pharmacy this year. (October 5, 2020)
- Greater demand for flu shots expected, but Canadians concerned about how they will get immunized safely: Pharmacists and patients share many of the same concerns over vaccine, PPE availability and patient safety as Canada gets ready for flu season. (August 11, 2020)
- Why doctors think you should get the flu shot this year — and soon (CBC, September 18, 2020)
- Concerns about access to flu shots during pandemic (CBC, September 17, 2020)
- B.C. pharmacies say getting a flu shot will look different this year (Global, September 16, 2020)
- Getting a flu shot during the COVID-19 era: Here's what you need to know (CBC, September 3, 2020)
- More Canadians planning on getting flu vaccine amid COVID-19: survey (Global, August 11, 2020)
National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI)
- Guidance for influenza vaccine delivery in the presence of COVID-19
- Canadian Immunization Guide Chapter on Influenza and Statement on Seasonal Influenza Vaccine for 2020–2021
- Canadian Healthcare Network: Influenza