- April 28, 2016
- The Future is Here! Canadian Pharmacists Gather in Calgary for Largest Conference in Canada
More than 700 pharmacists and pharmacy stakeholders will be in Calgary, Alberta from June 24-27 to discuss the key issues facing pharmacy in Canada and discover the latest in pharmacy practice research.
- April 14, 2016
- CPhA Pleased that Role of Pharmacists Recognized in Assisted Dying Legislation
CPhA is pleased that the assisted dying legislation introduced today by the federal government appropriately recognizes the role of pharmacists and that specific protections and exemptions are in place.
- April 7, 2016
- CPhA Calls for Pharmacists' Role in the Management and Dispensing of Medical Marijuana
To enhance public and patient safety in the rapidly evolving medical marijuana environment, CPhA is recommending that pharmacists play a front-line role in patient management and dispensing of medical marijuana.
- April 5, 2016
- CPhA Disappointed by Health Canada Decision on Tamper-Resistant Regulations
CPhA is disappointed by Health Canada’s announcement to not move forward on regulations that would have required all controlled release oxycodone products to have tamper-resistant properties before they could be sold in Canada.
- March 22, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Investments to Improve Health of Canadians in Budget 2016
CPhA welcomes health care investments announced in the 2016 federal budget, particularly as they relate to e-prescribing and improving immunization coverage rates, and we look forward to working with the government on the implementation of these important initiatives.
- March 22, 2016
- CPhA Welcomes Health Canada Decision to Revise Prescription Status of Naloxone
CPhA welcomes the decision by Health Canada to revise the federal prescription status of naloxone, a medication that has the potential to significantly reduce the frequency of deaths that occur with opioid overdosage.
- March 16, 2016
- Pharmacists doing more to support patients with dementia, their families and caregivers
As primary care professionals who see patients regularly, pharmacists can play an important role in the care of patients with various forms of dementia.
- March 9, 2016
- Canadians Embracing Expanded Role of Pharmacists
New national survey of Canadians shows deep trust in pharmacist profession and appreciation for positive impact on health outcomes.
- March 2, 2016
- Report Provides Comprehensive Examination of Major Pharmacare Models
According to a study commissioned by CPhA, governments could provide relief to the roughly 10% of Canadians who are not covered, or have inadequate coverage, through private or public drug plans by investing up to $2.15 billion a year in a pan-Canadian pharmacare solution
- February 26, 2016
- CPhA Celebrates Pharmacist Awareness Month, Expanding Role of Pharmacists
March is Pharmacist Awareness Month in Canada, a month long period to celebrate and educate Canadians about the contribution that pharmacists make in the delivery of health care.
- More Results: