- April 28, 2020
- CPhA receives contribution for 200,000 surgical masks to be distributed to community pharmacies
Through a financial contribution from Innovative Medicines Canada, CPhA has secured and is distributing more than 200,000 surgical masks to community pharmacies across the country to support pharmacists and their teams who are continuing to deliver care to patients amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 17, 2020
- Pharmacists see spikes in drug shortages during pandemic
COVID-19 is and continues to be a threat to Canada’s drug supply say Canada’s pharmacists, and they are concerned about dramatic increases and volatility in the number of reported drug shortages.
- April 16, 2020
- Stepping Up: The 30-day limit, drug shortages and doing what it takes to protect the drug supply
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka discusses the 30-day limit and the need to ensure the long-term medication needs of Canadians.
- April 1, 2020
- Stepping up...#ProtectTheFrontline
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka provides an update on the tools, resources and advocacy efforts to support and protect pharmacists during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- March 25, 2020
- Supporting and recognizing pharmacists as essential health care providers during COVID-19
We urge the federal government to work immediately with provincial and territorial governments to provide pharmacists and all essential health care providers with the supports they need to continue to serve our communities.
- March 23, 2020
- Statement on 30-day supply of prescription medications
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become necessary for pharmacies to carefully manage their medication inventories to protect against the real risk of shortages during this critical period.
- March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and the responsible allocation of medications to patients
To ensure that Canada’s medication supply is managed responsibly, we are recommending a 30-day supply of medications for patients, unless clinically justified.
- March 17, 2020
- Stepping up...like never before
CPhA Chair Christine Hrudka on the vital and difficult role pharmacists are playing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- March 6, 2020
- More than one million Canadian women continue to face barriers accessing birth control and other health care services
Strong support across the country for pharmacists to help improve access.
- March 4, 2020
- Canadian Pharmacists Association warns against stockpiling medication in response to COVID-19
Pharmacists are the most accessible health care providers and have a critical role to play in identifying, reporting, and managing potential cases of COVID-19.
- More Results: