- February 28, 2017
- CPhA celebrates Pharmacist Awareness Month, expanding role of pharmacists
March is Pharmacist Awareness Month in Canada, a month long period to celebrate the pharmacist profession and raise awareness about the contributions that pharmacists make in the delivery of health care.
- December 20, 2016
- CPhA urges federal, provincial and territorial governments to continue Health Accord negotiations
CPhA is convinced that federal, provincial and territorial health ministers can reach an agreement that strikes the right balance between targeted funding and predictable health transfers to maximize the health outcomes of Canadians across the country.
- December 13, 2016
- Canadian pharmacists pleased Marijuana Task Force recommends continued access to medical cannabis
CPhA welcomes the Task Force's report and strongly supports the recommendation to maintain a separate medical cannabis regime.
- November 24, 2016
- CPhA calls for input from pharmacist community to create Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations
CPhA is calling on the pharmacist community to provide input into the development of its Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations to help reduce unnecessary tests and treatments.
- November 19, 2016
- CPhA signs joint action plan to tackle Canada's opioid crisis
The Canadian Pharmacists Association is pleased with the meaningful discussions held at this weekend’s Opioid Conference and Summit and is encouraged by the commitments made in the multi-stakeholder joint action plan.
- November 16, 2016
- CPhA recommends priority areas to combat Canada's opioid crisis
National strategy must authorize pharmacists to adapt opioid prescriptions and improve use of electronic drug monitoring systems to support responsible prescribing.
- November 14, 2016
- Made-in-Canada video educates public on how to save someone's life with naloxone injection in a few simple steps
CPhA and the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy have produced a one-minute video which educates patients, their friends and family on the steps for giving a life-saving naloxone injection.
- October 22, 2016
- CPhA Statement on Patient Safety
The Canadian Pharmacists Association is deeply saddened by the circumstances that led to a tragic medication error in Ontario.
- October 19, 2016
- After F/P/T meeting CPhA encourages health ministers to focus on innovation, new care models
CPhA stresses that investing in innovation and innovative practices in the way health care is delivered is key to achieving better health outcomes, efficiencies and value for health care dollars.
- September 29, 2016
- Pharmacist prescribing of cholesterol-lowering drugs leads more patients to reach cholesterol goals: study
When pharmacists help patients reach cholesterol goals more than three times as many patients reach their target cholesterol and their cholesterol levels drop farther than for patients given only test results, a pamphlet, and usual care.
- More Results: