Pharmacy Practice Webinars
Veuillez noter que tous ces programmes sont uniquement proposés en anglais.
We are proud to present our associates with the following pharmacy practice webinars, designed to share practical tips and strategies to help pharmacists provide medication management services to their patients efficiently and effectively.
Coming soon: Anticoagulation, biosimilars and more!
NOTE: All webinar registrants will receive a link to view the webinar recording once it has finished. Webinar attendees may further download the slide deck during the live webinar, and both the recording and the slide deck may be accessed post-webinar from the CPhA Webinar Archives page.
Pharmacists as Antimicrobial Stewards: Fighting Resistance Needs Your Assistance
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a serious global threat to human health and public safety, claiming the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals each year. As more and more microorganisms join the resistance, the problem is growing at an alarming rate. Action is needed and with greater than 90% of antimicrobial prescribing occurring in an outpatient setting, there is an invaluable role for community pharmacists to serve as antimicrobial stewards.
Join Shelita Dattani and Sarah Tessier from CPhA as they delve into key antimicrobial stewardship strategies and explore they can be applied to your pharmacy practice.
Date: Tuesday, April 23
TIme: 1-2pm ET
Presented by: Shelita Dattani, BSc (Pharm), PharmD - Director, Practice Development and Knowledge Translation; Sarah Tessier, Candidate for PharmD - Student Professional Affairs
Accreditation: 1.0 CEUs; CCCEP file #: 8002-2019-2719-L-P
CPhA Associates/Affiliates: Free
Co-hosted by the Alberta Pharmacists Association (RxA).
Here is a list of the 2018 and 2017 webinar topics. Log in to view the library.
- An Interprofessional Approach to Treating Patients with Opioid Use Disorder; Part 1 and 2
- Prevention and management of diabetes: What is new and exciting in the 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Pharmacists – An Integral Member of the Diabetes Care Team
- Prescriptions and Politics: Drug pricing reform and the implementation of pharmacare in Canada
- Protecting Your Patients from HPV
- Partnering with Patients in Medication Safety
- Prevention and management of statin-associated myopathy: A practical approach for pharmacists
- The Pharmacist's Evolving Role in Medical Abortion: Optimizing Patient Care
- With A Little Help From My Friends: The role of non-statin therapy in the management of dyslipidemia
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants — What's New & Important and What's Old & Important: Practical Implications for Pharmacists
- Street Fentanyl and Its Analogues — What Pharmacists Need to Know
- The Pharmacist's Role in Major Depressive Disorder: Optimizing Care
- Hypertension: A “Sprint” to the Finish
- Antibiotics & Common Infections: Stewardship, Effectiveness, Safety and Clinical Pearls
- Mental Health Services in Community Pharmacy: Lessons from the Bloom Program