The pharmacy profession and health care in general are changing, creating new opportunities for pharmacists to focus on providing better patient care. Since 1907 our national, non-profit organization has charted the course through many developments in pharmacy, and continues to be the voice of pharmacists in Canada.
Message from the Chair, Jane Farnham
Advancing pharmacists to help Canadians live healthier lives.
Committed to the health and well-being of Canadians through excellence in pharmacist care.
We will achieve this by collaborating with our member organizations, pharmacists and key stakeholders through:
- Leading practice advancement to enable pharmacists to utilize the full extent of their knowledge and skills in providing health care.
- Protecting the safety, security and integrity of the medication system through the development of and participation in medication safety and quality improvement initiatives.
- Supporting pharmacists in providing medication management, health promotion and disease prevention services.
- Collaborating with other health care providers and key stakeholders to optimize health outcomes for Canadians.
- Being the trusted source of education, information, tools and resources to support safe and effective medication use and optimal drug therapy outcomes.
We invite you to explore this site to find out more about what we do, who we are and what we can do for you.