- November 24, 2016
- CPhA calls for input from pharmacist community to create Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations
CPhA is calling on the pharmacist community to provide input into the development of its Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations to help reduce unnecessary tests and treatments.
- November 19, 2016
- CPhA signs joint action plan to tackle Canada's opioid crisis
The Canadian Pharmacists Association is pleased with the meaningful discussions held at this weekend’s Opioid Conference and Summit and is encouraged by the commitments made in the multi-stakeholder joint action plan.
- November 16, 2016
- CPhA recommends priority areas to combat Canada's opioid crisis
National strategy must authorize pharmacists to adapt opioid prescriptions and improve use of electronic drug monitoring systems to support responsible prescribing.
- November 14, 2016
- Made-in-Canada video educates public on how to save someone's life with naloxone injection in a few simple steps
CPhA and the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy have produced a one-minute video which educates patients, their friends and family on the steps for giving a life-saving naloxone injection.
- October 22, 2016
- CPhA Statement on Patient Safety
The Canadian Pharmacists Association is deeply saddened by the circumstances that led to a tragic medication error in Ontario.
- October 19, 2016
- After F/P/T meeting CPhA encourages health ministers to focus on innovation, new care models
CPhA stresses that investing in innovation and innovative practices in the way health care is delivered is key to achieving better health outcomes, efficiencies and value for health care dollars.
- September 29, 2016
- Pharmacist prescribing of cholesterol-lowering drugs leads more patients to reach cholesterol goals: study
When pharmacists help patients reach cholesterol goals more than three times as many patients reach their target cholesterol and their cholesterol levels drop farther than for patients given only test results, a pamphlet, and usual care.
- September 15, 2016
- CPhA welcomes Health Canada's action plan on acetaminophen safety
CPhA applauds Health Canada’s action to improve acetaminophen safety, and its members are committed to collaborative efforts to support patients in managing the impact of these changes going forward.
- September 14, 2016
- Canadian pharmacists urge Task Force on Marijuana Legalization and Regulation to maintain distinct medical cannabis stream
In its submission to the Task Force on Marijuana Legalization and Regulation, CPhA is recommending that separate streams for medical and recreational marijuana be established once recreational marijuana becomes legal.
- August 11, 2016
- Pharmacists disappointed new medical marijuana regulations miss the mark on patient safety
CPhA expressed its disappointment that new medical marijuana regulations miss an important opportunity to improve patient access and safety through pharmacist management and dispensing of medical marijuana.
- More Results: