- March 29, 2017
- Pharmacist care for patients with hypertension would save Canada's health care system more than $15.7 billion
First study of its kind highlights significant economic impact of pharmacist care in hypertension management
- March 24, 2017
- How to use naloxone nasal spray in a few simple steps – New video and infographic
As part of its on-going efforts to address the rise of opioid overdose-related deaths, CPhA has created a new video and infographic to teach people how to use naloxone nasal spray.
- March 23, 2017
- CPhA welcomes health investments in Budget 2017
CPhA welcomes the health care investments announced in the 2017 federal budget and calls upon all governments to work with the pharmacist community to deliver on key health care priorities.
- March 6, 2017
- More and more Canadians say pharmacists play essential role in Canada's health care system
Survey shows continued high-level of trust in profession and services pharmacists are now providing.
- February 28, 2017
- CPhA celebrates Pharmacist Awareness Month, expanding role of pharmacists
March is Pharmacist Awareness Month in Canada, a month long period to celebrate the pharmacist profession and raise awareness about the contributions that pharmacists make in the delivery of health care.
- December 20, 2016
- CPhA urges federal, provincial and territorial governments to continue Health Accord negotiations
CPhA is convinced that federal, provincial and territorial health ministers can reach an agreement that strikes the right balance between targeted funding and predictable health transfers to maximize the health outcomes of Canadians across the country.
- December 13, 2016
- Canadian pharmacists pleased Marijuana Task Force recommends continued access to medical cannabis
CPhA welcomes the Task Force's report and strongly supports the recommendation to maintain a separate medical cannabis regime.
- November 24, 2016
- CPhA calls for input from pharmacist community to create Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations
CPhA is calling on the pharmacist community to provide input into the development of its Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations to help reduce unnecessary tests and treatments.
- November 19, 2016
- CPhA signs joint action plan to tackle Canada's opioid crisis
The Canadian Pharmacists Association is pleased with the meaningful discussions held at this weekend’s Opioid Conference and Summit and is encouraged by the commitments made in the multi-stakeholder joint action plan.
- November 16, 2016
- CPhA recommends priority areas to combat Canada's opioid crisis
National strategy must authorize pharmacists to adapt opioid prescriptions and improve use of electronic drug monitoring systems to support responsible prescribing.
- More Results: