RxTx offers online and mobile access to reliable, Canadian drug and therapeutic information. Thousands of Health Canada-approved monographs and evidence-based treatment options for over 300 primary care conditions.
- Search by drug, key words, product description
- Identify adverse reactions, side effects and drug interactions
- Access Health Canada alerts
- Search product image
- Quick search functionality
- Available with or without internet connectivity
- Ability to add personal notes
- Includes a favourites list
- Thousands of Health Canada–approved drug monographs, complemented by more than 160 CPhA evidence-based monographs, searchable and linked to Health Canada Advisories and Warnings.
- Printable information for the patient handouts, written in plain language to advise patients on safe, effective use of medications.
- Full-colour product images, accessed through drug monographs and searchable by appearance.
- Clinical tools (e.g., drugs of choice during pregnancy and breastfeeding, drug-food interactions, drug-grapefruit interactions, lab values).
- Printable drug monographs that allow you to select and print only the information you need.
- Evidence-based treatment options for over 200 primary care conditions, written and peer-reviewed by expert Canadian physicians and pharmacists.
- Easy-to-use algorithms for determining the best course of action.
- Drug tables formatted for quick access to dose, adverse effects, drug interactions and relative costs.
- Lexi-Interact designed to identify potential drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-allergy and duplicate therapy interactions.
- Comparative drug costs, calculated for therapeutic condition and length of treatment, help prescribers weigh the economic implications of drug choices for their patients.
- Evidence-based treatment options covering the full spectrum of therapy on more than 140 minor ailment conditions.
- An unrivalled compilation of nonprescription drugs and devices marketed in Canada.
- Thousands of Health Canada–approved drug monographs, complemented by more than 160 CPhA evidence-based monographs
- Search by name, therapeutic class, DIN/NPN or manufacturer
- Search for any text anywhere in the CPS and browse through results by product
- Add and save notes specific to each product monographs
- Keep commonly viewed products monographs with notes in a ‘favorites’ list for quick and easy access
- Print functionality
- Toggle between English and French
- Health Canada advisories, warnings and recalls
- Interactive calculators including: Body Surface Area, Creatinine Clearance, Ideal Body Weight, Pneumonia Severity Index (PSI) and Volume to Inject
- Directory of manufacturers
- Medical and microorganism abbreviation glossary
- Direct link to the publisher for feedback
Drug Choices (Tx)
- Over 200 primary care conditions
- Search by condition
- Search by drug or drug class
- Check doses, adverse effects, drug interactions and relative cost for over 2200 drugs
- Add and save notes specific to each condition
- Keep commonly viewed conditions with notes in a ‘favorites’ list for quick and easy access