- August 13, 2012
- Reducing Sodium: Don’t Take Warnings with a Grain of Salt
One could almost follow the headlines to chart the sad story of Canada’s commitment to reducing sodium – a known risk factor for hypertension, heart attack and stroke.
- July 31, 2012
- Behind the Scenes at the Council of the Federation
So what’s it like up close to the nation’s leaders, or I should say, the nation’s leaders minus the Prime Minister? It is a bit like a tea party without Dad, or an orchestra without a conductor.
- July 16, 2012
- Cuts to Refugee Benefits: CPhA Leads the Fight
Reforms to the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) came into effect June 30, radically changing access to health care in Canada for refugees.
- June 25, 2012
- CE Changes Coming
Pharmacists should be aware of two CCCEP changes that affect CPhA’s CE programming.
- May 15, 2012
- Helping Your Patients Quit
Smoking cessation is one of the most effective medical interventions.
- April 30, 2012
- Dispensing Knowledge in a Bottle
Patients may not realize the fee a pharmacist charges with each prescription covers much more than just that medication.
- March 29, 2012
- Federal Budget: Good News for Pharmacists and Patients
Federal budget makes non-dispensing professional fees exempt from GST/HST.
- March 20, 2012
- OxyContin Discontinued – Resources for Managing Patient Therapy
As a result of OxyContin being discontinued, pharmacists may have questions about managing a patient's therapy.
- March 5, 2012
- Drug Shortages: Global Problem Hitting Home
The recent announcement by manufacturer Sandoz that it is suspending production of several drugs has drug supply issues back in the spotlight.
- February 22, 2012
- Practice Changes Across Canada
What's happening in pharmacy and health care coast to coast.
- More Results: