Pharmacy Practice Webinars
We are proud to present our associates with the following pharmacy practice webinars, designed to share practical tips and strategies to help pharmacists provide medication management services to their patients efficiently and effectively.
NOTE: All registrants for CPhA webinars will receive a link to view the webinar recording once it has finished. Webinar attendees may further download the slide deck during the live webinar, and both the recording and the slide deck may be accessed post-webinar from the CPhA Webinar Archives page.
What topics would you like to see covered? Let us know!
An Interprofessional Approach to Treating Patients with Opioid Use Disorder
Pharmacists are an integral part of the community and support patients in their care, including those with an Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). With the public health opioid epidemic, there have been changes in guidelines and the approach to treating those with OUD. CPhA and the BC Centre for Substance Use (BCCSU) are pleased to present a two-part webinar series presenting an interprofessional approach to managing patients.
Part 2: Mona Kwong, Pharmacy Adviser for the BCCSU will be joined by BCCSU team members Sukhpreet Klaire (MD) and Emma Garrod (RN) to share ways in which pharmacists can help support OUD patients through case scenarios and interactive Q&A session.
Date: March 29
TIme: 1-2pm ET
Presented by: Mona Kwong, BSc(Pharm), PharmD, MSc, Pharmacy Adviser for the BCCSU, Sukhpreet Klaire (MD) and Emma Garrod (RN)
Co-hosted by the BC Centre for Substance Use (BCCSU) and the BC Pharmacy Association (BCPhA).
Exclusive and free benefit only available to members of provincial pharmacy associations and AFPC.
Here is a list of the 2018 and 2017 webinar topics. Log in to view the library.
- Prevention and management of diabetes: What is new and exciting in the 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Pharmacists – An Integral Member of the Diabetes Care Team
- Prescriptions and Politics: Drug pricing reform and the implementation of pharmacare in Canada
- Protecting Your Patients from HPV
- Partnering with Patients in Medication Safety
- Prevention and management of statin-associated myopathy: A practical approach for pharmacists
- The Pharmacist's Evolving Role in Medical Abortion: Optimizing Patient Care
- With A Little Help From My Friends: The role of non-statin therapy in the management of dyslipidemia
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants — What's New & Important and What's Old & Important: Practical Implications for Pharmacists
- Street Fentanyl and Its Analogues — What Pharmacists Need to Know
- The Pharmacist's Role in Major Depressive Disorder: Optimizing Care
- Hypertension: A “Sprint” to the Finish
- Antibiotics & Common Infections: Stewardship, Effectiveness, Safety and Clinical Pearls
- Mental Health Services in Community Pharmacy: Lessons from the Bloom Program