Pharmacy Practice Webinars
We are proud to present our associates with the following pharmacy practice webinars, designed to share practical tips and strategies to help pharmacists provide medication management services to their patients efficiently and effectively.
NOTE: All webinar registrants will receive a link to view the webinar recording once it has finished. Webinar attendees may further download the slide deck during the live webinar, and both the recording and the slide deck may be accessed post-webinar from the CPhA Webinar Archives page.
With A Little Help From My Friends: The role of non-statin therapy in the management of dyslipidemia
What would you think if I suggested another lipid-lowering drug — would you stand up and walk out on me? Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in Canada, and HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (e.g., statins) are recommended as first-line therapy to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease in select patients. However, the role of non-statin therapy (e.g., ezetimibe, fibrates, niacin and PCSK9 inhibitors) can be as confusing as listening to a Beatles album in reverse. Recent evidence has provided some much-needed clarity to this ambiguous but common clinical scenario. Lend me your ears and I’ll explain the role of non-statin therapy in the management of dyslipidemia.
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2018
Time: 1-2 pm ET
Presenters: Arden Barry, BSc, BSc(Pharm), PharmD, ACPR; Clinical Pharmacy and Research Specialist, Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services, and Assistant Professor (Partner), University of British Columbia
sponsored by Sanofi
Exclusive and free benefit only available to members of provincial pharmacy associations and AFPC.
What topics would you like to see covered? Let us know!
Here is a list of the 2017 webinar topics. Log in to view the archives.
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants — What's New & Important and What's Old & Important: Practical Implications for Pharmacists
- Street Fentanyl and Its Analogues — What Pharmacists Need to Know
- The Pharmacist's Role in Major Depressive Disorder: Optimizing Care
- Hypertension: A “Sprint” to the Finish
- Antibiotics & Common Infections: Stewardship, Effectiveness, Safety and Clinical Pearls
- Mental Health Services in Community Pharmacy: Lessons from the Bloom Program