Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials
Coming soon – our newest CE program!
Do you own or manage a pharmacy? Do you want to?
Our newest continuing education program focuses on how to apply business and management theory to day-to-day pharmacy operations, using cases and lessons learned from leaders in the pharmacy industry.
Based on the recently revised, comprehensive Pharmacy Management in Canada textbook, this online, self-directed program drills down to the key skills and knowledge that are critical to effectively managing your pharmacy as a business.
1. So You Want to Own or Manage a Pharmacy: Where to Start?
By Gerry Spitzer, Founder and Principal Consultant, pharmacySOS.ca
2. Running a Tight Ship: Pharmacy Operations
By Jody Shkrobot, BSc. Pharm., RPh, University of Alberta
3. The Bottom Line: Financial Management
By David Cunningham, CPA, CA, CMA, LPA, BMath (Hons.), Partner through a corporation, BDO Canada LLP
4. Your Pharmacy Team: Human Resources Management
By David Town, CHRL, President, Your Leadership Matters Inc.
5. Marketing, Promotion and Communications for Your Business
By Jason Perepelkin, BA, BComm, MSc, PhD, University of Saskatchewan
6. Delivering Patient-focused Services: Meeting the Needs of Your Patients
By Alan Low, BSc.(Pharm.), Pharm. D., RPh, ACPR, FCSHP, CCD, University of BC
7. Your Business Plan
By Gerry Spitzer, Principal Business Consultant, PharamcySOS.ca
- Practising pharmacists
- International Pharmacy Graduates
- Pharmacy students
- Pharmacy owners and managers
Developed in partnership with CFP & OPA.