Using the CANRISK: Diabetes Risk Questionnaire in Your Community Pharmacy
The scope of pharmacy practice is changing and pharmacists now have the opportunity to play a greater role in chronic disease prevention and screening. This program will help you do just that by teaching you to use the CANRISK Diabetes Risk Questionnaire in your pharmacy and screen your patients for their risk of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Program Outline and Objectives:
- Interpret a patient's risk for pre-diabetes and diabetes according to the results of the CANRISK questionnaire and communicate these results in a manner that is clearly understood by the patient.
- Recommend appropriate lifestyle modification strategies for patients with pre-diabetes and diabetes and encourage effective diabetes prevention and self-management.
- Plan and implement strategies to incorporate the use of the CANRISK questionnaire into routine pharmacy practice and recognize opportunities for linking CANRISK screening to paid professional services.
Accreditation and Completion Requirements
This course has been accredited for 3.0 CEUs under file number 8002-2013-121-I-P by the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA), a CCCEP-approved accredited provider. To earn the Statement of Completion and CEUs for the course, participants must earn a score of 70% or more on the self-assessment quiz at the end of the course. You will have up to three attempts at the quiz.
This self-directed online course is available for registration up to its accreditation expiry date of March 21, 2017. Annual accreditation renewal is expected. We recommend you complete your course within 90 days of registration.
This is a computer-based online course and operates on the UW LEARN platform. You will need:
- A desktop or laptop/notebook computer; the course is not optimized for tablets or smartphones
- High-speed Internet access
- Recommended Internet browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer 9, Safari
- Soundcard and speakers or headphones
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash
For more information run a test of your computer system.
Supplementary Tools and Resources
Check out our supplementary CANRISK practice tools and resources, including the CANRISK questionnaire in 13 languages, a free access recorded webinar on implementing CANRISK in your pharmacy, a CANRISK User Guide for Pharmacists and much more.