Call for Presentations now open!
Canadian Pharmacists Conference 2018 will be held in partnership with the New Brunswick Pharmacists' Association (NBPA). Together we invite you to share your expertise next June 2-5, in Fredericton.
We are looking for dynamic, interactive presentations that inform pharmacists about best practices and motivate the pursuit of excellence in pharmacy. Presentations selected from submissions to this Call will represent up to 25% of the overall Conference continuing education programming.
The Conference theme this year is Our Value, Our Story. Selected presentations should reflect this theme as you share the story of the value you bring to patients and the health care system at large.
Call for presentations closes Friday, November 10, 2017, at 11:59 pm ET. Please read the following before continuing to the submission link.
About the Conference
Canadian Pharmacists Conference is Canada’s premier event for pharmacists. It showcases excellence in continuing education and research and also provides networking and business opportunities. The event attracts more than 700 attendees including community, primary care, hospital, academic, research, military and corporate pharmacists; industry executives, students and interns.
The Conference Program Advisory Committee (PAC) is seeking proposals for presentations for the following conference streams:
Clinical/Therapeutic topic areas of interest include:
- Medical Cannabis
- Clinical Trials in Primary Care
- Updated Guideline Recommendations (specify)
Pharmacy Practice/Business topics of interest include:
- Primary Care/Community Pharmacy Metrics
- Medication Safety and Error Reporting
- Motivational Patient Coaching
- Innovative practices or processes in your pharmacy or workplace
- Medical Cannabis
- Opioid Stewardship
- Scope of Practice in community pharmacy
- Services to vulnerable populations
- Home Care
All presentations should focus predominantly on application of knowledge into practice. The PAC welcomes any additional proposal submissions for topics not listed here.
We are also looking for facilitators for conversational-style workshops/roundtables. If you are interested in being a facilitator, please use the submission form to provide your name and topic suggestion.
Presentation Criteria and Presenter Information
Presentation proposals will be accepted until 11:59 pm ET, on Friday, November 10, 2017. Only proposals sent via the submission link provided will be considered. We encourage presenters to submit multiple proposals for multiple topics. Notification of status of submission(s) will start in December 2017.
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Interest and value to conference participants
- Learning objectives are clear, specific, immediately applicable and supported by the content presented
- Session format incorporates interactive learning opportunities
- The content is current and/or cutting edge
Session length: 60 minutes including 10-15 minutes for Q&A.
Presenter availability: at the time of submission, presenters must know they will be available to present on any day, at any time within the program schedule (June 3-5). PAC will finalize date and time with selected presenters in early 2018.
Presenter benefits: selected presenters will receive either partial or full reimbursement for travel, accommodation and registration.
Multiple proposals: may be submitted but must be sent individually.
All submissions must be sent electronically using the link provided. Proposals of a commercial nature that promote or market products and/or services will not be considered.
Note that submission of a proposal does not guarantee inclusion in the conference program.
Before completing the submission form: please ensure you have:
- Reviewed the Submission Guidelines (see above)
- The name, credentials, contact information, email address and 50-word bio for each presenter (maximum 2)
- Drafted your submission including title, format, description, learning objectives, key audience and relevance to the Conference theme
Thank you for your interest in presenting at Canadian Pharmacists Conference 2018. We look forward to your submissions.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Want to see what sessions we had at last year's event? Check out the 2017 Program: 2017 program PDF