Delivering member value is the foundation of CPhA's 2017-2020 Strategic Plan. We're proud to be working with our provincial and national pharmacist advocacy associations across Canada to speak with one strong, unified national voice for the profession. Your CPhA benefits include:
CPhA is the uniting national voice for pharmacy in Canada. In partnership with our Organizational Members and Affiliates, we engage with decision-makers and health stakeholders to demonstrate the value of pharmacy services to the health care system and the health of Canadians. Find out more about our current advocacy priorities in the Advocacy section of our website.
Canadian Pharmacists Journal (CPJ)
Print subscription (6 issues/year) and online access - CPhA associates and affiliates receive a complimentary print subscription and 24/7 online access to the Canadian Pharmacists Journal. CPJ is the voice of pharmacy practice research in Canada, focusing on the evidence for pharmacist care. Log in to the members-only section to access your online subscription.
Valuable Programs and Services
Continuing Professional Development Programs
CPhA has developed a suite of continuing professional development programs to support pharmacists in their quest to gain more advanced knowledge and skills to continue to provide patients with the best possible care. Our current offerings include courses on managing your pharmacy, minor ailments, lab tests and more. CPhA Associates enjoy discounts on all CPhA CPD programs.
- NEW! Introducing An Introduction to Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids, an overview of the different types of cannabinoids available in Canada, their therapeutic effects and their impact on human physiology -- FREE and exclusively available to CPhA Associates.
- NEW! CPhA has partnered with Sodalis Solutions-Pharma to offer a series of online continuing education modules in French. The Modules sacs|leaf are FREE and exclusively available to CPhA Associates.
- Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Practice Research Webinars and Archives: Designed to share practical tips and strategies to help pharmacists provide care to their patients efficiently and effectively, CPhA's webinars are discounted or free for CPhA Associates, and our archives, including recordings, slide decks and other associated links and resources, are now free and available exclusively to CPhA associates and affiliates.
Log in to the members-only section of our website to access additional information and discount codes for these programs:
- Canadian Pharmacists Travel Affinity Program: Enjoy below-market discounts on all hotels and car rental suppliers around the world with discounts averaging 10-20% below best available rates.
- Scotia Professional Plan: Take charge of your practice and business banking with this exclusive program. CPhA Associates receive additional benefits and discounts, beyond teh regular Scotiabank Professional Plan(TM). Scotiabank is the official banking partner of CPhA.
- VIA Rail Canada: 5% discount on train travel when booking with CPhA's corporate discount code.
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA): 50% discount on membership with APhA.
- Choice Hotels Canada: 20% discount on Choice Hotels across Canada and around the world.
The Canadian Pharmacists Conference brings together more than 500 pharmacists and partners from across Canada for three days of high-quality networking, education and idea exchange. CPhA associates and affiliates receive member discounts on conference.
The Primary Care Pharmacy Specialty Network (PC-PSN) is free and exclusively for CPhA associates and CSHP members! Join colleagues from across Canada in an online forum providing mentorship and support for pharmacists working in primary care settings. Log in to the members-only section of our website to learn more.