The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a Translator to join our Digital & Print Offerings department.
We are a fully remote workforce and are looking for someone who is able to be fully productive, efficient and effective in a remote environment.
Department: Digital & Print Offerings
Reports to: Lead, French Content
The Translator is responsible for ensuring the timely translation (English to French) and accuracy and consistency of the French version of therapeutic and drug content. Occasional translation from French to English may be required.
Duties and Tasks
- Develops and maintains systems to ensure efficient translation and editorial processing of content
- Develops, applies and maintains consistent style standards and a lexicon of preferred terms
- Maintains the French version of content developed in English for CPhA publications
- Tasks include translation, validation of external translation, review and approval of final version
- Works with team of editors to harmonize French and English content
- Collaborates with Lead, French Content to review translations of marketing materials for accuracy
- Oversee work of other Translators
- Enacts priorities for translation and processing of content
- Bachelor’s degree in a health science field or in medical translation.
- Certification from a provincial or territorial association of translators, interpreters and terminologists desire.
- Intermediate level of experience in medical translation
- Use of XML is an asset
- Excellent written language skills in French and English
- Ability to lead other translators to meet accuracy and deadline requirements
- Ability to research and evaluate terminology pertaining to drugs and therapeutics
- Superior attention to detail
- Confidence in ability to be accountable for accuracy of translated information used in the direct treatment of patients.
- Excellent problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Office Excel
- Knowledge of drugs and conditions is an asset
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA offers matching RRSP and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.