Team Lead, Software Development (1-year contract with possibility of extension or permanent)
Department: Digital Solutions
Reports to: Director, Solution Development
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a Team Lead, Software Development to join our Digital Solutions department on a 1-year contract, with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent.
We are a fully remote workforce and are looking for someone who is able to be fully productive, efficient and effective in a remote environment.
Accountable to the Director, Solution Development, The Team Lead, Software Development will lead an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software as well as providing Java application architecture, software design, development and technical support services for CPhA. The Team Lead will provide in-depth technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Duties and Tasks
- Designs, codes, and maintains complex and modular system components for existing and new applications Manages and oversees day-to-day work of developers and act as a scrum master creating & delegating tickets and related work items
- Create/maintain software and application architecture documentation for Technical Standards, applications & maintenance releases.
- Provide architecture, design and software development estimates as required
- Assists with application testing, deployment and troubleshooting in Production when required
- Updates management on the progress of assignments and informs of developing issues in a timely manner; writes reports on the status of projects and work assignments
- Mentoring and coaching of Junior team members in the areas of debugging and development
- Review code and provide best practice guidelines
- Complete other duties as assigned
University degree in science / computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Significant experience and in-depth understanding of software development.
- Extensive experience with Angular, TypeScript, Node.js, Spring, Spring Security & Spring Boot
- Experience with XML tools and related technologies, publishing engines, print formatters, content models / architectures, and designing / implementing full solutions from content authoring to content publishing
- Proven experience leading a team of Software Developers
- Proven track record of working successfully, mentoring and elevating highly talented software development teams.
- Salesforce development experience would be an asset.
Technical Skills / Aptitudes:
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in using AWS or other Cloud technologies.
- API development, web services (REST, SOAP) and documentation tools.
- Experience with source control, & build tools like Git, SVN, Jenkins.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience with Apache Tomcat and Lucene.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, PostgreSQL
- Proficient with the software development life cycle (requirements, analysis, design,
- In-depth knowledge of XML, XSLT, HTML, XSD, CSS, DITA.
- In-depth knowledge with XML tools and their configuration.
- In-depth knowledge with XML content management (including CMS), link management, and metadata management, data models, object models.
- Ability to bridge content and development teams.
- Knowledge of enterprise publishing and publication channels.
- Adept in the governance of the content model and related items.development, and documentation).
- Experience with investigating, analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving complex problems.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluences would be an asset
- Creative, innovative, and critical thinker
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with clients at all levels
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in technical leadership roles
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized and results-focused
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct management
- Understands expectations that were set with the client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members
- Promotes active listening with team members
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off: 4-day weekends on the long weekends from April to September and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.