Reporting to the Managing Scientific Editor, the Scientific Editor is responsible for researching, developing and monitoring drug and therapeutic content for CPhA publications—print and electronic. You will work in a stimulating publishing environment with a team of skilled editors to produce high-quality, drug and therapeutic information used daily by thousands of Canadian healthcare practitioners. (15-month contract with ‘benefits)
- Research and monitor new drug information with the aim of ongoing updates to publications.
- Update and maintain CPhA publications through content management and publishing systems.
- Participate in regular meetings and working groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care or scientific field.
- At least two years experience in pharmacy, hospital or a publishing field is an asset.
- Computer literate and proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of drug dosage and competency in dosage calculations.
- Knowledge of dosage forms and routes of administration.
- Knowledge of health codes(ICD, AHFS, ATC).
- Knowledge of drug scheduling in Canada.
- Good judgement with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within a collaborative professional team.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks, and work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of XML and content management systems is an asset.
- Proofreading experience is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Please forward your resume, in confidence, by July 5, 2019 to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Pharmacists Association is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the recruitment process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-613-523-7877 x 246 for further assistance.