Publication Coordinator (bilingual)
Department: Digital & Product Offerings
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a bilingual Publication Coordinator to join our Digital & Product Offerings department.
We are a fully remote workforce and are looking for someone who is able to be fully productive, efficient and effective in a remote environment.
The Publication Coordinator is responsible for communicating and coordinating with authors, reviewers, the Editorial Advisory Committee and other stakeholders pursuant to workflows, deadlines, contracts, permissions and payments for print and online publications based on CPS Full Access.
Duties and Tasks
The Publication Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Coordinating workflows, processes, deadlines and payments related to CPhA publications
- Overseeing communication and contractual relationships with external authors and reviewers, including coordination of payment
- Overseeing protocol for copyright permissions, both requesting and granting
- Participating in content management system (CMS) workflows and processes such as author revisions, peer reviews and permissions
- Documenting, monitoring and tracking all author and reviewer activities
- Organizing and managing semi-annual Editorial Advisory Committee meetings and other meetings as required
- Providing input for annual budget
- Creating communication pieces for external audience
- Working with internal departments as needed
- Monitoring editorial processes
- Communicating with Editor-in-Chief and editorial team regarding progress and issues
- Running workflow reports
- Maintaining database and templates for author and reviewer communication
- Other duties as required by the Editor-in-Chief to assist with editorial and departmental processes
- Post-secondary degree or college diploma in administration and/or project management from a recognized program of study or equivalent work experience
- Sufficient years of experience in project management, project coordination or administration of workflows befitting those at the level of Coordinator
- Experience managing large numbers of remote contacts using a content management system
- Experience communicating with external contractors
- Experience coordinating a team remotely
- Experience tracking budget expenditures
- Experience obtaining and/or granting copyright permissions
- Experience using either of the following content management systems: Basecamp, JIRA
- Experience with digital publishing
- Fluency in English and French (written and verbal)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, good judgment and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Independent worker with the ability to be part of a collaborative, professional team
- Strong multi-tasker accustomed to working under tight deadlines
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and juggling priorities efficiently
- Proven ability to learn new tools, technologies and processes quickly
- Ability to work independently from dedicated home office
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA offers matching RRSP and access to a financial advisor.
- CPhA provides all required equipment to work efficiently remotely and provides financial support for your home office set-up
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.