Program Manager, Training
Department: Public & Professional Affairs
Reports to: Manager, Policy & Research
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a Program Manager, Training to join our Public & Professional Affairs department.
We are a fully remote workforce and are looking for someone who is able to be fully productive, efficient and effective in a remote environment.
The Program Manager, Training will be responsible for creating and delivering training for pharmacist mentors and mentees as well as a training program for pharmacy employers across Canada and their staff to be delivered on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Tasks
- The Program Manager, Training, will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Developing and delivering training to mentors and mentees.
- Tailoring training content and delivery to specific programs and participants, ensuring participants understand program goals, expectations, and have the information and tools needed for a positive and impactful mentorship experience.
- Designing a training session for pharmacy employers and their staff and delivering it on an ongoing basis.
- Monitoring and evaluating the training through regular assessments and feedback mechanisms.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and enhancement.
- Staying current with industry trends and best practices to continuously evolve training content.
- Fostering positive relationships to ensure the success and sustainability of the programs.
- Championing equity, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the project.
- Representing CPhA at recruitment events and conferences.
- Occasional travel for conferences and events may be required
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Proven experience in developing and delivering training programs, preferably in mentorship or professional development.
- Familiarity with issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Familiarity with pharmacy and/or health care is an asset.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to engage diverse audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and virtual meeting tools, such as Zoom
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in a French is a strong asset
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- $65 - $80,000
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA provides a pension plan with matching contributions and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to email@example.com.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.