Manager, Policy & Research
Department: Public & Professional Affairs
Reports to: Director, Advocacy & Policy
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a Manager, Policy & Research to join our Public & Professional Affairs department.
We are a fully remote workforce and are looking for someone who is able to be fully productive, efficient and effective in a remote environment.
This role involves leading the development and implementation of policy initiatives to advance the profession of pharmacy in Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, analyzing, and advocating for policies that promote the health and well-being of Canadians through pharmacy practice.
Duties and Tasks
The Manager, Policy & Research is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Policy Development: Leading the development of evidence-based policy positions and recommendations that support the strategic objectives of CPhA.
- Research and Analysis: Conducting comprehensive research and analysis on healthcare and pharmacy-related issues, trends, and legislation to inform policy development.
- Maintaining current understanding of changes in pharmacy practice across the country.
- Consultation Responses: Writing comprehensive responses to consultations, policy proposals, and other decision-making opportunities, ensuring the representation of the association's interests and positions effectively.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engaging with a variety of stakeholders, including government officials, healthcare professionals, and members, to build consensus and support for CPhA's policy positions.
- Communication: Effectively communicating complex policy issues and positions to a variety of audiences, including members, stakeholders, and the public.
- Strategic Planning: Contributing to the strategic planning of the Advocacy department, ensuring alignment with CPhA's overall goals and objectives.
- Degree in health policy, public policy, public administration, or a related field.
- Relevant experience at a Managerial level in policy development, preferably in healthcare or a related sector.
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (ideally in both official languages) with the ability to engage and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects, with a track record of achieving results.
- Understanding of survey methodology and experience in survey creation an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- $65 - $80,000
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA provides a pension plan with matching contributions and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume along with cover letter, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.