Java Developer and Front-End Developer
Department: Digital & Print Offerings
Reports to: Director, Solution Development
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is expanding our development team and looking to fill multiple front-end and back-end development positions.
We are a fully remote and agile team with the ability to adapt and react to the changing requirements of our content, analytics, and marketing groups, as well as new requirements that arise from industry partners and customers.
These roles support new development and continuous improvement of existing web applications for the Canadian Pharmacists Association. We are a small team of developers creating tools and services to support the creation, publishing, and distribution of pharmaceutical and therapeutic content to pharmacies, hospitals, universities, and health care environments across Canada and the world. Being a small team, you can gain experience in not only the entire lifecycle of our products, but also in every aspect from front-end, back-end, storage, and dev-ops.
Duties and Tasks
- Supports the development of new, and enhancement of existing web applications.
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards.
- Develops and reviews system and design documentation.
- Ensure development complies with specifications.
- Researches and implements software development technologies and methodologies.
- Recommends technical design enhancements to existing software.
- Investigates, analyzes, resolves, and documents software problems of a complex nature and initiates corrective action.
- Reviews the work of other team members when required.
- Assists with application deployment when required.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of computer programming and software design experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in a development environment.
- Experience with investigating, analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving complex problems.
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology.
- 3+ years of experience in Java development with an emphasis on the Spring Framework, OR,
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with Angular solutions. This includes functionality such as RxJS, Redux/NGRX, routing, and cross-platform requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using AWS or other Cloud technologies as a deployment platform.
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs for web services.
- Experience with source-code management & build tools (Git, Jenkins and Maven).
- Experience with Apache Tomcat and Lucene.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, PostgreSQL and ORM such as Hibernate.
Our solutions are strongly centered on the use of DITA XML for structured content and XSLT for publishing. Having experience with the following would provide a better insight to how our information works.
- Prior experience deploying solutions to the AWS cloud would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with authentication solutions (ie, OAuth/OpenID, JWT) for web applications.
- Experience configuring and working with proxy servers.
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence for issue/task management and documentation.
- Knowledge of required programming languages
- Ability to work with little oversight.
- Proficient with the software development life cycle (requirements, analysis, design, development, and documentation).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and can work effectively within a team.
- Able to work effectively in a fully remote environment.
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA offers matching RRSP and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you are an established developer and excel in either Java development or working with Angular applications, we look forward to hearing from you!
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.