Director, Sponsorship and Fund Development
Department: Public & Professional Affairs
Reports to: Vice-President, Public & Professional Affairs
The CPhA is the national voice for pharmacists and an advocate for the profession of pharmacy, patient care, and the health of people in Canada. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the healthcare landscape in Canada while developing your career with a dynamic and progressive organization.
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a Director, Sponsorship and Fund Development to join our Public & Professional Affairs department.
We are a fully remote workforce and are looking for someone who is able to be fully productive, efficient and effective in a remote environment.
The Director, Sponsorship and Fund Development is responsible for leading and expanding the sponsorship and fundraising initiatives of the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA). The role encompasses strategic planning, industry engagement, and revenue generation to support the CPhA’s objectives and programs.
Duties and Tasks
- The Director, Sponsorship & Fund Development will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive sponsorship and fund development strategy in line with the CPhA’s goals.
- Identifying, cultivating and securing new sponsorship opportunities and partnerships with industry stakeholders.
- Managing relationships with existing sponsors and donors to ensure long-term engagement and support.
- Working closely with the public and professional affairs team to identify opportunities for sponsorship.
- Overseeing the execution of sponsorship agreements, ensuring compliance and fulfillment of partner expectations.
- Collaborating with the marketing and communications teams to create compelling sponsorship packages and promotional materials.
- Working closely with the finance department to forecast revenue, manage budgets, and report on sponsorship activities.
- Representing the CPhA at industry events, conferences, and meetings to build a network of potential sponsors and supporters.
- Ensuring that all sponsorship and fundraising efforts align with the CPhA’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Fundraising, or a related field.
- Significant experience commensurate with that of Director-level in sponsorship, sales, or fundraising, preferably within a healthcare, association or not-for profit environment.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in CRM and data management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities. Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- $95 - $115,000
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits premium, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA provides a pension plan with matching contributions and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to email@example.com.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.