Director, Professional Affairs
Department: Public and Professional Affairs
Reports to: Vice-President, Public and Professional Affairs
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a Director, Professional Affairs to join our Public and Professional Affairs department.
While the CPhA is located in Canada’s beautiful capital, this role can be located anywhere in Canada.
Reporting to the Vice President, Public and Professional Affairs, the Director, Professional Affairs, will lead the Canadian Pharmacists Association’s (CPhA) initiatives aimed at promoting and supporting pharmacy practice and oversee practice-advancement activities. In this role, the incumbent will work collaboratively with the advocacy team to build the case for full scope across the country and provide guidance on the development of policies and initiatives that advance the profession and the practice of pharmacy.
Duties and Tasks
- Identify potential practice issues that require national intervention and input, and provide advice and expertise on a broad range of policy and pharmacy practice issues
- Lead the development and dissemination of practice-advancement programs and tools for pharmacists to enable them to practice to their full scope
- Provide leadership on national initiatives that aim to grow and harmonize the scope of practice in Canada
- Work closely with pharmacy stakeholders, including provincial associations, faculties of pharmacy, pharmacy operators and the pharmaceutical industry, to further the development of pharmacy practice
- Identify changes to provincial pharmacy regulations/legislation and ensure that these changes are reflected in CPhA tools, policies, etc.
- Chair practice-related working groups; build consensus to develop practice-related positions and policies
- Build a yearly calendar of professional and practice offerings (webinars, conference sessions, etc.)
- Develop relationships with third-party payers, and develop principles, positions and responses to payer-related policies
- Manage the Professional Affairs annual budget
- Contribute to CPhA’s external content and messaging activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- Advanced degree (Doctor of Pharmacy, Adult Education, Business Administration) is desirable
- Recent front-line experience as a pharmacist within a Canadian jurisdiction
- In-depth working experience at an operational and strategic level commensurate with those at level of director
- A strong understanding and experience in pharmacy practice, especially as it relates to expanded scope
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and work under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build consensus
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA offers matching RRSP and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 4, 2021.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.