Director, Marketing & Digital Product Strategy
Department: Corporate Services
Reports to: Vice-President, Corporate Services & Chief Financial Officer
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) is actively recruiting for a Director, Marketing & Digital Product Strategy to join our Corporate Services department.
We are a fully remote workforce and are looking for someone who is able to be fully productive, efficient and effective in a remote environment.
The Director, Marketing & Digital Product Strategy is responsible for leading a team to develop, implement and evaluate marketing campaigns and programs to promote, protect and differentiate the Association’s products and services and to generate new business opportunities. This role will oversee the creation, execution and evaluation of comprehensive marketing plans for assigned products used by healthcare professionals, with a high accountability to achieve business growth targets by improving customer acquisition, retention and increase sales.
The Director, Marketing & Digital Product Strategy works with the leadership team, key internal stakeholders and relevant lines of business to develop and support the enterprise’s digital strategy and roadmap.
Duties and Tasks
The Director, Marketing & Digital Product Strategy is responsible for, but not limited to:
Strategy Development and Planning
- Developing strategic plans and providing strategic advice, guidance, and expertise to stakeholders, internal and external clients relating to digital products and marketing opportunities that will improve/help/meet our objectives.
- Recognizing opportunities to refine strategies to accelerate funnel progression and increase conversion rates; experimenting across marketing channels, audience targeting, creative, messaging, and execution to test hypotheses
- Managing the development and execution of the annual association Marketing Plan including managing the budget.
- Partnering with stakeholders in developing new business and strategic partnerships to maximize growth consistent with CPhA corporate strategy.
- Supporting the development and implementation of roadmaps, business cases, cost/benefit analyses, and deliverables.
- Generating awareness with targeted healthcare professional segments to build brand affinity and increase (CPS) product usage
Platform Management (web, email, social)
- Overseeing channel strategy, performance, messaging, and reporting.
- Monitoring social media trends, new tools, and applications and recommending actions/next steps.
- Working with subject experts to create content that can stimulate user interaction and engagement.
- Supporting efforts to distribute the content through email, website, social media, partners, and sales channels.
Campaign Activation and Oversight
- Overseeing all digital marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Leading the strategy of digital marketing programs to drive awareness and usage of main products (CPS).
- Approving and monitoring work with external agencies and media partners as needed.
- Providing creative guidance including creative briefs to engage external vendors.
- Managing the development and production of creative assets and marketing materials for various channel requirements.
- Designing/conducting and/or managing research projects.
Metric Measurement & Analytics
- Ongoing monitoring of all in-market initiatives, including campaign analytics, results, and insights reporting.
- Performing ongoing data analysis and providing recommendations for optimization.
- Formulating recommendations for future iterations of campaigns.
- Translating data analytics into insights for business and marketing decisions
- Building, retaining and mentoring a high-performing team, entrusted with improving the brand positioning of products in the market and closely observing competitive situations
- Occasional travel to conferences/tradeshows to gain marketing and competitive intelligence
- Degree in Business Administration or Life Sciences, with a focus on Marketing or Digital Marketing
- MBA strongly preferred
- Director or Senior Management level experience in multi-channel marketing, with a focus on digital channels in the healthcare sector
- Significant years of experience driving strategic outcomes, especially related to digital sales, marketing, and product excellence
- Experience managing and inspiring a high performing, creative team
- Experience with developing strategies and ability to inspire and influence
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing digital marketing campaigns
- Experience planning and supporting the implementation of an overall digital marketing strategy
- Experience managing email marketing campaigns
- Experience with digital healthcare products and engaging healthcare professionals is an asset
- Strong leadership, business acumen and confident presentation skills
- Demonstrates confidence in relationship-building and communicating with healthcare professionals.
- Solid understanding of the Canadian healthcare system
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian marketing regulations, digital marketing channels, platforms, and tools.
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Tracking and measuring SEO and metrics
- Advanced knowledge of eCommerce strategy and technology
- Knowledge of Pardot, Google Analytics, SEO, and SEM
- Ability to collaborate and influence organizational change across diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of program management software including Confluence and Jira
- Results-oriented, analytical, and collaborative individual with a passion to learn and contribute
- Strong project and people management with the ability to lead, manage and navigate project delivery and execution with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to build and manage a variety of marketing campaigns.
- Strong administrative and management skills, including the ability to organize, analyze and report on data from multiple systems and provide actionable recommendations
- Ability to display a commitment to and advocate for diversity and inclusion
- $95 - $115,000
- The work we do makes a difference in people’s lives.
- We’re a group of people who are passionate about the health and well-being of all. We take our work seriously, but we still take time to share a good laugh.
- We care about your health and well-being. CPhA pays for your medical/dental benefits, Employee Assistance Plan and provides regular wellness sessions and resources
- We care about your financial health. CPhA provides a pension plan with matching contributions and access to a financial advisor.
- We care about your work-life balance. CPhA offers generous paid time off and our office is closed between Christmas and New Years.
How to Apply
- If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to present your resume along with cover letter, in confidence, to email@example.com.
- If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources
- While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- At the Canadian Pharmacists Association, we recognize, value and celebrate diversity, inclusion and equity. Our Diversity & Inclusion Framework is embedded in all our processes, policies and employee initiatives.