The Canadian Pharmacists Association is the national voice of Canadian pharmacists. Our Public Affairs department is currently recruiting for a Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Strategic Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator will support the internal and external communications activities of the organization.
Duties and Tasks
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a Communications background to contribute to a growing and innovative healthcare sector. This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of communications plans and strategies.
- Development and coordination of social media plans/strategies, content and measurement of analytics across platforms
- Writing for a variety of audiences including health professionals, government, media and the public
- Updating website content
- Media monitoring and issues management
- Development and coordination of messaging with a variety of stakeholders and partners
- Development of compelling content for social media channels and other communications channels and products
- Project management
We are looking for someone with the following education and experience:
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations or related field
- 2-3 years experience in communications, ideally in health field
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, analytical tools and social media best practices
- Experience in a communications role, including activities such as coordinating digital media platforms, developing communications and/or marketing plans, and creation of a range of communications materials.
Some of the skills we are looking for in order for you to be successful in this role include:
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to integrate a variety of inputs
- Effective collaborator with cross functional teams
- Excellent proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytic, and computational skills.
- Bilingualism an asset
How To Apply:
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com by April 27.
If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those individuals who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.